Business Administration D.B.A. Admission
Please view the welcome letter from the Chair of the Doctor of Business Administration program here.
- Fall 2018 – Hybrid Weeknight Cohort (cohort closed)
- Spring 2019 - Online Cohort
- Summer 2019 – Online Cohort
- Fall 2019 - Hybrid Weeknight Cohort
For consideration and admission to the Doctor of Business Administration program, applicants must present evidence of the following:
1. A Doctoral Application
2. Official Transcripts (Bachelor's and Master's, listing conferral dates)
- Electronically or
- Sent from the school of attendance in a sealed envelope to:
31 Read's Way
New Castle, DE 19720
3. Current Resume
4. Three Letters of Recommendation
At least one letter should be from an employer who is able to discuss your professional skills. If possible, at least one letter should be from a professor who is able to comment on your academic performance and ability to pursue doctoral studies.
5. Statement of Goals and Objectives
Prepare a two or three page, double-spaced essay covering the following points:
- What are your professional and/or personal reasons for pursuing a Doctor of Business Administration degree?
- Collegial support (helping each other develop as professionals) is fundamental to the DBA program. Provide an example in which you helped a peer solve a career-related problem or strengthen needed skills. What personal skills and insights will be valuable in helping other DBA students succeed in the program and grow professionally?
- The ability to maintain a purpose in spite of difficulties and/or obstacles is essential to the DBA program. Provide an example of a time when you encountered significant resistance or a major setback on a project you were working on, but managed to work through it anyway. What steps did you take to complete the project? What factors did you consider?
- Describe one or two areas of business research that are of special interest to you. Explain why these are interesting research areas.
Your essay will be evaluated for content, organization, and grammar.
6. If You are an International Student, Please Click Here for Additional Admission Requirements
The DBA Program highly recommends that all applicants submit a complete application package with all materials, rather than submitting their application in pieces. Following such procedure will ensure a more timely response from the admissions committee.