Test Regulations and Confidentiality
Before taking the tests, you will be asked to confirm that you have read the testing regulations and that you agree to comply with them. Please review the Testing Rules and Conditions that follow. Your test scores and the information you provide when taking the tests will only be provided to The College Board and Wilmington University. The College Board (ACCUPLACER®) may also use it for research and training purposes. Your test information will not be disclosed for any other purpose without your permission. If you have any questions about confidentiality, please see your test administrator.
Testing Rules and Conditions
- I understand that I must comply with these testing rules and conditions and if I fail to do so, my test results may be cancelled, and legal action or other remedies may be pursued.
- I understand that ACCUPLACER® is administered to obtain information to assist in placing me in the appropriate math or English course, determining the need for developmental coursework or meeting college mandates.
- I understand that I must have proper identification to be permitted to take ACCUPLACER®. Proper identification includes a photo ID. If I have made an appointment, I will also present the ACCUPLACER® Test Confirmation email.
- I understand that my responses may be used for purposes of training and instruction. Further, I understand that if my response is used for these purposes, individual identifying information will be removed.
- I understand that the test administrators are responsible for monitoring and maintaining a secure test administration and that I authorize the administrators to act as my agents in maintaining test security and will cooperate with them. I further agree to follow all reasonable oral or written instructions presented at the test administration. I understand that if I fail to comply, I may be dismissed from the test and/or my score may be cancelled.
- I agree not to communicate with other examinees or other individuals other than the test administrators during the test. I further agree not to disrupt or in any way behave in any manner that would adversely affect my performance or the performance of other examinees. I understand that if I fail to comply, I may be dismissed from the test and/or my score may be cancelled.
- I understand that all test questions and other test materials are property of The College Board and/or its contractors and have been developed at great cost. I further understand that the materials must be kept confidential and secure from disclosure. These materials are not available to me outside of the test administration, either before or after the test administration. I understand that I cannot and will not take any assessment materials including notes from the test administration room. Any other duplication of test materials, in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. I promise and agree not to disclose any of the contents of the assessment and will not duplicate or reproduce information contained in those booklets in whole or in part. I understand that if I should fail to comply with this requirement, I may be liable for the costs associated with a failure to comply and may be subjected to other legal remedies including injunctive relief for any such action on my part.
- I understand that my scores will be made available to institutions of higher education. If I wish to cancel my scores I must do so in writing before leaving the test center. If The College Board has any doubt about the legitimacy or validity of my score, they may cancel my test score if in their sole opinion there is adequate reason to question the validity of my score.
- I understand and agree that liability for the test administration activities, including but not limited to the accuracy of the assessment materials, assessment scores, administration conditions including computer equipment, will be limited to a retake of the assessment or correction of the scores at no charge. I waive all rights to all further claims arising out of any acts or omissions of The College Board or its contractors.
- I understand that the assessment itself and the assessment program are subject to change at the sole discretion of the College Board and its contractors.
- I understand that I will not bring any calculators, textbooks, protractors, notebooks, dictionaries or other papers of any kind. I also understand that any cell phone will be turned off and out of view.
- I understand that anyone who gives or receives help during the test, or uses notes, books, or calculators of any kind may not be allowed to continue the test. The college will disregard a test score if there is reason to question its validity.
If I object to any of these rules or conditions, I understand that I will advise the test administrators before the test administration and the objection will be considered prior to allowing me to take the assessment. If my objection is not honored, I will not be permitted to take the assessment. I understand that should any of these rules and conditions or other aspect of the assessment process be declared by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or illegal, the remaining rules, conditions and assessment components will not be affected and will remain in effect.
Wilmington University ACCUPLACER® Test Administrator
Office of the Registrar
New Castle Campus
Doberstein Admissions Center, Room
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (302) 356-6933
Fax: (302) 328-8907