Criminal Justice Association
The Criminal Justice Association is the officially sanctioned organization of criminal justice majors at Wilmington University. Membership in the association is open to all criminal justice majors at all of the Wilmington University sites and campuses. Students from others majors are welcome to join the group but they are not eligible to hold office or vote on policy.
The goals and objectives of the Criminal Justice Association are to provide out of class learning experiences, networking opportunities, social interaction and a sense of camaraderie among the criminal justice majors. Dues for the association are a one-time payment of $10.00 that includes a free tee shirt. Students who wish to join may do so by contacting one of the officers or stop by the criminal justice office in the Behavioral Science Division in the Pratt Student Center. Applications are also available from faculty in class at the beginning of each semester.
Coming activities include:
- Tour of the Philadelphia Police Department and free time in the historic area
- Trip to the training academy of the Federal Bureau of Investigation at Quantico, VA.
- Visit the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in Washington, DC.
- A tour of the Delaware State Police Museum and the state police firearms training center at Dover, DE.
- Book signings by local Criminal Justice authors
- A tour of the Eastern State Penitentiary in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia.
- A tour of Washington, DC and
- On campus activities that include guest presentations by experts or persons of note in the criminal justice field.
This information applies to students who enter this degree program during the 2016-2017 Academic Year. If you entered this degree program before the Fall 2016 semester, please refer to the academic catalog for the year you began your degree program.