doctor of Business Administration
Students who are interested in the Doctor of Business Administration program are encouraged to attend an Information Session. Session dates can be found under the "Get Started Now" tab.
Download the Application Materials
Admission to the Doctor of Business Administration program is selective. Factors that are considered include academic background, undergraduate and graduate academic performance, professional/managerial experience and accomplishments, ability to write and communicate effectively, leadership potential, and willingness to contribute in a collegial atmosphere. We look for students who have solid managerial, professional, and/or teaching experience and thus will be able to make insightful contributions to class discussions.
For consideration and admission to the Doctor of Business Administration program, applicants must present evidence of the following:
- A master's degree in business or a related field from a regionally accredited institution, or an appropriately certified foreign institution.
- A grade point average of at least 3.3 (on a scale of 4.0) in work leading to a master's degree.
- A minimum TOEFL® score of 173 on the computer-based version for applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
- Significant work experience: applicants need to have experience in a management or leadership position, or have experience as an educator in a classroom setting, and have the support of their organization.
- Students will be asked to verify that they have a level of technology literacy adequate to successfully pursue the DBA.
The items listed above are minimum requirements for applying. Please note that meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
All applications for admission must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions. The Administrative Assistant of the DBA Program is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
- Completed Application for Admission Form
- A writing sample that describes and explains the applicant's personal and professional goals, with a self-appraisal of readiness to undertake the rigor of doctoral-level studies
- Current resume
- Three completed Applicant Recommendation Forms. At least one letter should be from an employer who is able to discuss your professional skills. If possible, at least one letter should be from a professor who is able to comment on your academic performance and ability to pursue doctoral studies.
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
The DBA Program highly recommends that all applicants submit a complete application package with all materials, rather than submitting their application in pieces. Following such procedure will ensure a more timely response from the admissions committee.
- Spring 2014- Online Cohort
- As of September 25, 2013 the January 2014 Online cohort is now full. Any applications received will be processed and if accepted placed on a waiting list.
- Fall 2014 - Hybrid Weeknight Cohort
- Spring 2015 - Online Cohort
Please refer to the academic catalog for the year you began your degree program.