- Student meets with Internship Coordinator to determine eligibility for internship program.
- Student completes and returns the Internship Application and a copy of their current transcript (unofficial).
- Internship Coordinator gives student assistance with resume, cover letter, and interviewing skills.
- A prospective match is done between student and company.*
- Internship Coordinator arranges interview between student and company representative.
Beginning the Intership
- Internship Coordinator assigns a Faculty Advisor.
- Student enrolls in the appropriate course through the Registrars' office for the duration of the internship, and completes Academic Approval Form.
- An Internship Learning Contract is filled out by the student and verified by Internship Coordinator.
- Student contacts Faculty Advisor. Faculty advisor assigns academic project to student.
- Faculty Advisor contacts company representative regarding students' performance during internship.
After Internship Completion
- An Evaluation Form regarding students' performance is sent to the company at the end of the internship.
- The company returns copies of the completed Evaluation form to the Faculty Advisor and the Internship Coordinator.
- The Faculty Advisor submits final grade (Pass/Fail).
* Students may have the option of finding their own prospective company for an internship. The Internship Coordinator must approve the Internship Company, job duties, and supervisor before the internship begins.
This information applies to students who enter this degree program during the 2014-2015 Academic Year. If you entered this degree program before the Fall 2014 semester, please refer to the academic catalog for the year you began your degree program.