Master of Science
Below is a snapshot of State of Delaware requirements for select credentials for accounting professionals that are addressed by the M.S. in Accounting degree program.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
CPA Exam (four parts):
- Auditing & Attestation
- Business Environment & Concepts
- Financial Accounting & Reporting
Both formal education and professional experience are also required for the CPA credential.
Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
CMA Exam (four parts):
- Business Analysis (110 multiple choice questions)
- Management Accounting and Reporting (140 multiple choice)
- Strategic Management (110 multiple choice questions)
- Business Applications (essays and quantitative responses)
A Bachelor's degree or GMAT/GRE score in the 50th percentile and 2 years management accounting experience are also required for the CMA credential.
Certified Fraud Examination (CFE)
CFE Exam (500 questions):
- Criminology & Ethics
- Financial Transactions
- Legal Elements of Fraud
- Fraud Examination
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 2 years professional accounting experience are also required for the CFE credential.
This information applies to students who enter this degree program during the 2016-2017 Academic Year. If you entered this degree program before the Fall 2016 semester, please refer to the academic catalog for the year you began your degree program.