Special Instructions for Students,
Faculty, and Visitors
Welcome to the special instructions page for Dover Airforce Base where students, faculty,and visitors can get information about special requirements for entering the Dover AFB.
Dover AFB Entrance
Effective January 2, 2007 all people entering the DAFB site will be required to enter via the Main Gate and exit via the Main Gate. Civilian students must pick up their approved DAFB Civilian Pass at the Main Gate Visitors Center located to the right of the Main Gate.
All students and faculty must obtain a security pass to be admitted onto the Dover Air Force Base.
Dover AFB Pass Procedures
Civilian students and faculty must complete a pass request form.
In accordance with the Dover Air Force Base Motorcycle Rider Policy, all students who wish to ride their motorcycle on base must obey the following requirements:
- Headlights will be turned on while motorcycles are being operated.
- Motorcycles will have both left and right rear view mirrors mounted on the handlebar or fairing
- Inexperienced operators are prohibited from carrying passengers during their first year of riding
- A helmet designed to meet or exceed DOT standards, will be worn and properly fastened under the chin
- Shatter resistant goggles, wrap around glasses, or a full face shield (properly attached to the helmet) will be worn.
- A windshield does not constitute proper eye protection.
- Wear a long sleeved shirt or jacket, long trousers, and full-fingered gloves.
- Riders will wear sturdy over the ankle footwear that affords protection for the feet and ankles (durable athletic shoes that cover the ankles may be worn). Sandals, low quartered sneakers, and similar footwear will not be used
It is important to remember that if you fail to adhere to these requirements, you will not be allowed access to the Dover Air Force Base while on a motorcycle.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact the Wilmington University DAFB Site at (302) 674-8726.