Special Instructions for Students,
Dover AFB Security Plan
Faculty, and Visitors
Welcome to the special instructions page for Dover Airforce Base where students, faculty,and visitors can get information about special requirements for entering
the Dover AFB. Please pick one of the following options to get more information:
Dover AFB Entrance
Effective January 2, 2007 all people entering the DAFB site will be required to enter via the Main Gate and exit via the Main Gate. Civilian students must pick up their approved DAFB Civilian Pass at the Main Gate Visitors Center located to the right of the Main Gate.
All students and faculty must obtain a security pass to be admitted onto the Dover Air Force Base.
Dover AFB Pass Procedures
Civilian students and faculty must complete a pass request form.
- Download the correct form:
- Print out and fill in the entire form. All information requested on the form is required to obtain a pass.
- Fax or email the completed form to the DAFB site office at:
- Most passes are ready within 72 business hours (72 hours does not include Saturday, Sunday or DAFB holidays).
- Pickup your pass at the DAFB Main Gate Visitor’s Center, Monday – Friday between 6:00AM and 6:00PM. You may pick up your pass after 6:00PM and on Saturday and Sunday at the DAFB Main Gate (USAF requests you do not call the Main Gate or the Main Gate Visitor’s Center).
In accordance with the Dover Air Force Base Motorcycle Rider Policy, all students who wish to ride their motorcycle on base must obey the following requirements:
- Headlights will be turned on while motorcycles are being operated.
- Motorcycles will have both left and right rear view mirrors mounted on the handlebar or fairing
- Inexperienced operators are prohibited from carrying passengers during their first year of riding
- A helmet designed to meet or exceed DOT standards, will be worn and properly fastened under the chin
- Shatter resistant goggles, wrap around glasses, or a full face shield (properly attached to the helmet) will be worn.
- A windshield does not constitute proper eye protection.
- Wear a long sleeved shirt or jacket, long trousers, and full-fingered gloves.
- Riders will wear sturdy over the ankle footwear that affords protection for the feet and ankles (durable athletic shoes that cover the ankles may be worn). Sandals, low quartered sneakers, and similar footwear will not be used
It is important to remember that if you fail to adhere to these requirements, you will not be allowed access to the Dover Air Force Base while on a motorcycle.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact the Wilmington University DAFB Site at (302)674-8726.