The Center for Teaching Excellence supports Wilmington University faculty, administrators, staff, and students in the school's commitment to excellence in teaching and learning. The Center for Teaching Excellence:
- Provides professional development opportunities for all faculty.
- Organizes and implements classroom observations for the purpose of determining professional development needs.
- Serves as a resource for both full-time and adjunct faculty by providing one-on-one IDEA and teaching consultations.
- Oversees the IDEA student evaluation process, monitors the integrity of syllabi, and provides proctoring for makeup exams and for Accuplacer testing.
- For adjunct faculty, The Center for Teaching Excellence serves as a resource for human resources related items such as recruitment, hiring, auditing of credentials, orientations, and New Adjunct Faculty Paperwork.
- Processes all adjunct pay related to teaching.
- Provides administrative assistance specific to the main campus at New Castle, DE during all hours of operation.