Master of Science in Nursing
Please refer to The Graduate Admissions Process section for general graduate admission information. Students are admitted to this program twice per year for courses starting each Fall or Spring Semester (New Castle Family NP option only, No Georgetown admission or admission into the Adult Gerontology Track in the Spring semester). For consideration and admission to the Master of Science in Nursing program:
- A completed Wilmington University graduate application form and the non-refundable application fee by March 1st for consideration for admission for the Fall semester and September 1st for admission Spring semester.
- A copy of the current registered nurse licensure or computer verification.
- Official transcripts reflecting the following:
- Graduation from a nationally accredited baccalaureate program in nursing.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course, with a grade of "C" or higher.
- Completion of an undergraduate health assessment course, with a grade of “C” or better, or an equivalent continuing education course (Nurse Practitioner concentrations only)..
- Completion of all nursing-related science courses.
- Submit a written statement of career goals and explanation of reasons for applying to the program as directed by the application packet.
- A professional resume.
- To be considered for an interview for the program, applicants must have all of the above items in their graduate application file.
- Students will be notified of admission only after the interview is complete; however, an interview does not guarantee placement in the upcoming cohort.
- Faculty recommends that applicants have two years' experience as a registered nurse before entering the program.
All of the documents indicated above should be sent directly to Wilmington University, Office of Graduate Admissions.
The MSN-NP program has a two-stage admissions process. The first stage consists of an in-depth evaluation of the completed application materials by the MSN-NP admissions committee. Applicants who have met the MSN-NP program standards on all of the admissions application packet materials will then be invited to continue the second stage of the admissions application process which includes an interview. Decisions regarding final acceptance are made by the MSN-NP admissions committee following these interviews.
To have an application packet mailed to you, click here, or call the Office of Graduate Admissions at (302) 655-5400.
This information applies to students who enter this degree program during the 2015-2016 Academic Year. If you entered this degree program before the Fall 2015 semester, please refer to the academic catalog for the year you began your degree program.