and Blackboard Access
Access Blackboard via myWilmU Starting Fall 2017
Starting with Fall 2017 courses, login to myWilmU and get 1-click access to Blackboard and direct access to each of your Blackboard courses.
With the integration, all faculty and students will receive new Blackboard accounts matching their myWilmU accounts.
Direct Blackboard login will no longer be available for instructors or students.
Note: When switching between using Blackboard via myWilmU and using Blackboard via WebCampus, you must log out of Blackboard completely. See "switching accounts" FAQ below.
The My Blackboard module in myWilmU looks like this:
- Click on the name of the course to open the course in Blackboard
- Click on a Discussion Board Forum link to directly visit the Discussion Forum
- Click on an Announcement, Assignment, or other content to directly open that item in the Blackboard Course.
- Courses that appear grayed out (faculty only) are still active links to the Blackboard course. These indicate that a course is unavailable for other users (students).
Faculty Note: The Blackboard course name does not show section number, block or format. Click on the cousre to see the CRN in the Course ID in order to differentiate between different sections of the same course in the same term. Use the My Classes module (2nd tab for Faculty only) to view all the details (CRN, Location, Format) and rosters for each of your classes in Faculty Self-Service.
See also: How to Identify Each Course Section
Faculty Blackboard Access
As of JULY 25, 2017 - Fall 2017 Courses Available
- Your NEW myWilmU Blackboard account will show ALL your Fall 2017 courses, whether you're teaching or taking classes (access to courses your taking will be on the same date as student access below).
- Use your new myWilmU Blackboard account for all your Fall 2017 Blackboard activities.
- You can access your previous courses (Spring 2016 through Summer 2017) with your new account to copy your course content to your Fall 2017 courses. PLEASE DO NOT conduct your Summer 2017 teaching activities with your new account (see below).
- To conduct all your Summer 2017 course activites and administrative business, continue to access Blackboard via WebCampus.
- Your course content and communications (e.g. announcements, discussions, etc.) are all still connected to your WebCampus account/access. Accessing your Summer courses via WebCampus will reduce confusion for you and your students.
- See myWilmU Faculty & Staff Accounts for login information.
Student Blackboard Access
As of August 17, 2017 - Fall 2017 Courses Available
- Fall 2017 Blackboard courses will be available to students about 2 weeks prior to the start of the term.
- ONLY Fall 2017 courses will be available to students in Blackboard via myWilmU.
- External or 3rd-party content, such as your Kaltura multimedia or textbook publisher content will also be available from your new accounts prior to the start of Fall classes on August 28, 2017 (some may require a few migration steps on your part).
- Students should continue to access Summer 2017 Blackboard courses via WebCampus to complete all summer course assignments, activities, and grades.
- See myWilmU Student Login Accounts for login information.
Faculty and Students
August 28, 2017 - START OF FALL 2017 CLASSES
- Access to your Blackboard Organizations, tabs, and other content will be available from your new accounts just prior to the start of Fall classes on August 28, 2017.
- External or 3rd-party content, such as your Kaltura multimedia (My Media) or textbook publisher content will also be available from your new accounts just prior to the start of Fall classes on August 28, 2017 (some may require a few migration steps on your part - instructions will be provided).
- To access this content prior to August 28, please continue to access Blackboard via WebCampus.
How Do I Get Back to the Blackboard Home Page from myWilmU?
- Click the link to any of your courses in the My Blackboard list on your home page.
- From your course, simply click the My Bb tab at the top of any Blackboard page or course.
Where are my Summer classes?
ONLY Fall 2017 classes are available in Blackboard via myWilmU. To access Summer 2017 classes in Blackboard, continue to access Blackboard via WebCampus until your course activities for summer are complete.
Where are my Organizations or other Tabs?
Access to all your Blackboard resources, including Organizations and other tabs (for your Academic College or program) will be available via myWilmU prior to the start of Fall classes on Monday, August 28. Until then, you can still access these resources by accessing Blackboard via WebCampus.
Where is my Kaltura/WilmUTube multimedia (My Media)?
Access to your Kaltura/WilmUTube multimedia content will be available via your myWilmU account prior to the start of Fall classes on Monday, August 28. Until then, you can still access these resources by accessing Blackboard via WebCampus.
I don't see my courses when switching between my myWilmU and WebCampus accounts for Blackboard. What do I do?
You must log out of Blackboard completely before switching between using Blackboard via myWilmU and using Blackboard via WebCampus . Be sure to use the logout button (see screen shot below). Just closing the browser window [ X ] will produce unexpected results (no courses/content or errors) when switching accounts.
Remember, only Fall 2017 courses are available via myWilmU. All previous courses are available via WebCampus.