and Blackboard Access
Login to myWilmU and get 1-click access to Blackboard and direct access to each of your Blackboard courses.
Direct Blackboard login is no longer be available for instructors or students. All instructors and students should log in to myWilmU for Blackboard access.
The My Blackboard module in myWilmU looks like this:
- Click on the name of the course to open the course in Blackboard
- Click on a Discussion Board Forum link to directly visit the Discussion Forum
- Click on an Announcement, Assignment, or other content to directly open that item in the Blackboard Course.
- Courses that appear grayed out (faculty only) are still active links to the Blackboard course. These indicate that a course is unavailable for other users (students).
Faculty Note: The Blackboard course name does not show section number, block or format. Click on the cousre to see the CRN in the Course ID in order to differentiate between different sections of the same course in the same term. Use the My Classes module (2nd tab for Faculty only) to view all the details (CRN, Location, Format) and rosters for each of your classes in Faculty Self-Service.
See also: How to Identify Each Course Section
Faculty Blackboard Access
- Your Faculty myWilmU Blackboard account will show ALL your courses, whether you're teaching or taking classes (access to courses your taking will be on the same date as student access).
- Blackboard courses are typically available for instructors at least 6 weeks prior to the start of each term.
- See myWilmU Faculty & Staff Accounts for login information.
Student Blackboard Access
- Blackboard courses will be available to students about 2 weeks prior to the start of each term.
- ONLY Fall 2017 and later courses will be available to students in Blackboard via myWilmU (courses are not typically available to students after a few weeks past the end of each term).
- See myWilmU Student Login Accounts for login information.
Faculty and Students
- Access your Blackboard Organizations, tabs, and other content with your myWilmU account.
- Access to some external or 3rd-party content, such as your Kaltura multimedia (My Media) or textbook publisher content may require a few additional steps or separate login (using your same myWilmU account).
- See Blackboard Transition for additional information about access to some Blackboard-integrated external and 3rd-party services or content.
How Do I Get Back to the Blackboard Home Page from myWilmU?
- Click the link to any of your courses in the My Blackboard list on your home page.
- From your course, simply click the My Bb tab at the top of any Blackboard page or course.
Where are my Organizations or other Tabs?
Access to all your Blackboard resources, including Organizations and other tabs (for your Academic College or program) are available via myWilmU. If you don't see your Organizations or tabs as expected, please contact Technology Support.
Where is my Kaltura/WilmUTube multimedia (My Media)?
Access to all your Kaltura/WilmUTube multimedia content will is available via your myWilmU account. You may need to take a few additional steps to see some of your older content (created prior to the Fall 2017 term).
Where are my Blackboard courses older than the Fall 2017 term?
Only Fall 2017 courses are available to students via myWilmU. Faculty members do have access to older courses via myWilmU (courses from the previous 3 terms).