Blackboard Collaborate™ enterprise instant messaging capabilities allow your academic institution to create a learning network to support office hours, school services, meetings and desktop video conferencing—all initiated through presence and instant messaging. With Blackboard IM, students and instructors can easily see who’s online and available so they can instantly communicate with peers, colleagues, and experts. You even launch a Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing session with a single click.
Here are a few guides to get you ready:
How to Download Blackboard IM
Elevate simple text conversations to rich interactive experiences—instantly and conveniently—for informal learning, help, and collaboration outside the formal classroom. Enable instant communication, collaboration, and peer-to-peer learning with:
- Facilitate campus-wide communication by easily finding instructors and peers, seeing their availability, and connecting with them online for ad-hoc learning.
- Meet student needs with efficient services, connecting onsite and remote students to help, IT, tutoring, orientation, library services, and more, without physical infrastructure.
- Enable low-cost, convenient, and personalized professional development for faculty and administrative staff while saving time and reducing travel costs and scheduling hassles.
- Harness the power of visual instruction for multimodal learning with state-of-the-art whiteboard technology.
- Accommodate different learning styles or instructional needs with a single-click launch of web conferencing from instant messaging.