Email Newsletter Archive
Our eNewsletters contains information that will help faculty develop their teaching and technology skills.
If you have any feedback or ideas regarding content for future editions, please email email@example.com. The Online Learning & Educational Technology Team reads each and every piece of feedback received.
2013 - 2014 Academic Year
- Turning Technologies: Supporting the Interactive Classroom with Clickers
- Syllabus Tip
- Grade Center Tip - solution if the horizontal scrollbard in Bb Grade Center is not visible
- PC User Tip for Windows 7 - Free Speech Recognition software
- Beach Party Wrap-Up - August 5th and August 7th session material online
- Save the Date! January 8, 2015 TLT Sympostium (next big tech event for educators) DAC Auditorium New Castle Campus 8:30AM- 3:00PM
To learn more about recent changes to Blackboard, read a few of the articles below, or click the link for the entire file "Significant Changes in Blackboard.pdf"
Save the Dates: Technology with a Tan, Beach Party, the date has been announced for the 2014 summer Tech Events:
- Tuesday, August 5, 2014 from 8:30am-3:00pm at the Wilson Graduate Center
- Thursday, August 7, 2014 from 9:00am - 7:00pm Online Only Webinars
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:00 - 2:00pm Dover only
Ed Tech Team can customize workshops for Program Chairs, we offer support in Bb Collaborate and will help you moderate a session with students.
We offer training in person, over the phone, or even online. An Instructional Technologist will help instructors personalize Grade Center to match the course syllabus. Request One to One Tech training here.
Use Blackboard to YOUR ADVANTAGE! Five tips to keep your class going despite a snow cancellations or delays:
- Create Assignments
- Use Announcements
- Deploy a Test
- Add Content
- Use Kaltura to record a lecture or video tutorial
Browser Tips at the Instructor's Podium
Save the Date 2/18/2014 - Online Webinars for Instructors
- Export/Import Package
- Grade Center - Fill in all cells in Full Grade Center, enter zero (0) for work not turned in. Do Not leave any hyphens in the cells.
- Blackboard Training - The Ed Tech Team offers a variety of ways to learn technology and complete the pre-requisites for HOT.
Tech News - Blackboard Tips!
- Content Editor
- Student View Tool
- Hide Demo User
- Discussion Board Post First Option
- Inline Grading Features in Blackboard
Respondus Users, Please Read!
- After July 31, 2013, Respondus will no longer be active or available. Instead, other test creation options will be recommended. Look for training on Creating Assessments in September, 2013.
Wimba Users, Please Read!
- At the end of the August summer block II, Wimba Virtual Classroom will be turned off. Wilmington University will make the full transition to Blackboard Collaborate.
- Check the current Bb Collaborate Training Schedule
Wild, Wild Tech - Summer Technology Event
2012 - 2013 Academic Year
Save the Date~~ Summer Tech Event
- Wilson Grad Center – July 23 – Morning and afternoon sessions, lunch is provided.
- Dover – July 24 – Morning sessions, lunch is provided.
- Online – July 25 – Online webinars will be provided throughout the day.
Training Track for New Adjunct - Recommend Training
- Bb Training (Currently called Bb Basic & Advanced)
- Bb Grade Center Overview
- Rubrics Tool
SafeAssign - All instructors are now automatically enrolled in the SafeAssign online course.
Respondus Webinar Opportunity (March 27 & 28)
Create Blackboard Assignments with These Tips!
- Using Assignments
- Assignment Options
- Grading an Assignment
- Clearing Assignment Attempts
- Troubleshooting Assignment Files
- Ed Tech Workshop Calendar
- Real Time Learning Formats
- On Your Time Learning Formats
- Self-Paced Online Courses
- How To Videos and Tutorials
- The Educational Technology Team is Here to Support You
- It’s here... Rubrics Tool in Blackboard
- Communicate With Your Students
- Tips in Blackboard
- Double Check Grade Center Total Points
- Grade Center Calculations
- Blackboard Help
- SafeAssign Training For Instructors
- Coming Soon!! Rubric Tool in Blackboard
- How Do You Engage An Active Learner?
- Tips in Blackboard
- Add Images
- Add YouTube Mashups
- Course Copy and Selected Item Copy
2011 - 2012 Academic Year
- 7 Things You Should Know About Gamification
- Communicate With Your Students
- Blackboard’s Clear Formatting Tool
- Browser Tips in Blackboard
- Check out this video to learn about Educational Technology Services
- Web Resources for Faculty
- Technology Purchasing Programs
Thought-provoking Web Sites
- Ideas to use Social Media in the Classroom [Discussion Board]
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Online Instructor [Presentation]
- Professional Development Webinars
- Borrow a Flip Camcorder to Create your own Self-introduction Video
- Important Dates for Spring 2012
- Check your Web Browser's compatibility with Blackboard
Useful Web Sites
- Free Computer Basics Tutorials
- How to Use Google Search More Effectively
- Improve your focus with this free white noise generator
- Ways to backup your computer files
- Join us in celebrating National Distance Learning Week 2011!
- Take the Name that Tool Quiz for a chance to win 1 of 4 $25 gift cards.
- View the Best Practices Video Slideshow to see some outstanding course samples at Wilmington University.
- Attend a webinar!
- Help your Students Learn How to Cite Properly
- Never Feel Anxious Breaking the Ice Again - a new multimedia option you can use to get your first impression right every time
- 12 Ways to be More Search Savvy
- Highlight Text on Web Pages
- How-to Videos for New or Seasoned Blackboard Instructors
2010 - 2011 Academic Year
- The Blackboard system has been updated to version 9.1
- Blackboard 9.1 works best in Firefox version 3.6
- Browser Compatibility - Issues with Internet Explorer 8 and Blackboard
- Troubleshooting issues with Grade Center
- Copy and pasting text from Word to a Bb text editor or discussion post causes formatting problems in Blackboard
- Personalize your Online Course with an Instructor Introduction Video
- Just-in-time technology training - schedule an appointment for a one-on-one training session
- Discover new ways to enhance your course with the latest technologies
- Adding a Touch of Flair to your Blackboard Course
- MERLOT - Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching
- Smartboards - With Just a Touch of a Finger
- Keeping an Eye on Things - Track changes and number of views
- Performance Dashboard
- Watch and Learn with JING
- How long will courses be available in Blackboard?
- Wimba Pronto - virtual whiteboard with study groups and video chat
- What do you like about Online Teaching?
- Did you know you can login directly to Blackboard?
- Fostering a sense of community in an online course
- Time-release option - display announcements after a certain date
- Communicate in Blackboard using collaboration tools
- Grade Center Hints
- Valid Link Checker
- Create and Manage Exams with Respondus
- Use the LockDown Browser to Enforce Academic Integrity