Email Newsletter Archive
Our eNewsletters contains information that will help faculty develop their teaching and technology skills.
If you have any feedback or ideas regarding content for future editions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Online Learning & Educational Technology Team reads each and every piece of feedback received.
2013 - 2014 Academic Year
Use Blackboard to YOUR ADVANTAGE! Five tips to keep your class going despite a snow cancellations or delays:
- Create Assignments
- Use Announcements
- Deploy a Test
- Add Content
- Use Kalturas to record a lecture or video tutorial
Browser Tips at the Instructor's Podium
Save the Date 2/18/2014 - Online Webinars for Instructors
Workshops and Training
Kaltura - What's New in Blackboard
NDLW 2013 Update - Winners Announced
Winter Wonder Tech Reminder - Location WGC Bldg. 31, 1/08/2014
Tech News - Blackboard Tips!
- Content Editor
- Student View Tool
- Hide Demo User
- Discussion Board Post First Option
- Inline Grading Features in Blackboard
Blackboard System Upgrade
Respondus Users, Please Read!
- After July 31, 2013, Respondus will no longer be active or available. Instead, other test creation options will be recommended. Look for training on Creating Assessments in September, 2013.
Users, Please Read!
Wild, Wild Tech - Summer Technology Event
2012 - 2013 Academic Year
Save the Date~~ Summer Tech Event
- Wilson Grad Center – July 23 – Morning and afternoon sessions, lunch is provided.
- Dover – July 24 – Morning sessions, lunch is provided.
- Online – July 25 – Online webinars will be provided throughout the day.
Training Track for New Adjunct - Recommend Training
- Bb Training (Currently called Bb Basic & Advanced)
- Bb Grade Center Overview
- Rubrics Tool
SafeAssign - All instructors are now automatically enrolled in the SafeAssign online course.
Respondus Webinar Opportunity (March 27 & 28)
Create Blackboard Assignments with These Tips!
- Using Assignments
- Assignment Options
- Grading an Assignment
- Clearing Assignment Attempts
- Troubleshooting Assignment Files
- SafeAssign Training For Instructors
- Coming Soon!! Rubric Tool in Blackboard
- How Do You Engage An Active Learner?
- Tips in Blackboard
- Add Images
- Add YouTube Mashups
- Course Copy and Selected Item Copy
2011 - 2012 Academic Year
Thought-provoking Web Sites
Useful Web Sites
- Join us in celebrating National Distance Learning Week 2011!
- Take the Name that Tool Quiz for a chance to win 1 of 4 $25 gift cards.
- View the Best Practices Video Slideshow to see some outstanding course samples at Wilmington University.
- Attend a webinar!
- Help your Students Learn How to Cite Properly
- Never Feel Anxious Breaking the Ice Again - a new multimedia option you can use to get your first impression right every time
- 12 Ways to be More Search Savvy
- Highlight Text on Web Pages
- How-to Videos for New or Seasoned Blackboard Instructors
2010 - 2011 Academic Year
- The Blackboard system has been updated to version 9.1
- Blackboard 9.1 works best in Firefox version 3.6
- Browser Compatibility - Issues with Internet Explorer 8 and Blackboard
- Troubleshooting issues with Grade Center
- Copy and pasting text from Word to a Bb text editor or discussion post causes formatting problems in Blackboard
- Personalize your Online Course with an Instructor Introduction Video
- Just-in-time technology training - schedule an appointment for a one-on-one training session
- Discover new ways to enhance your course with the latest technologies
- Adding a Touch of Flair to your Blackboard Course
- MERLOT - Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching
- Smartboards - With Just a Touch of a Finger
- Keeping an Eye on Things - Track changes and number of views
- Performance Dashboard
- Watch and Learn with JING
- How long will courses be available in Blackboard?
- Wimba Pronto - virtual whiteboard with study groups and video chat
- What do you like about Online Teaching?
- Did you know you can login directly to Blackboard?
- Fostering a sense of community in an online course
- Time-release option - display announcements after a certain date
- Communicate in Blackboard using collaboration tools
- Grade Center Hints
- Valid Link Checker
- Create and Manage Exams with Respondus
- Use the LockDown Browser to Enforce Academic Integrity