Human Resource Professionals
Take the Next Step to Professional Advancement
Prepare Now For the PHR and SPHR Certification Exams
Wilmington University’s College of Business, in conjunction with the National Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), is offering an excellent preparation course for those interested in certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
What Can This Course Do For You?
- Prepare you for the Professional Human Resource Management certification exam
- Teach you the latest information in the HR field
- Help you network with other HR professionals
Who Should Attend?
- Employee Relations Managers
- Senior Managers new to the Human Resources field
- Training Directors/Benefits Directors
- Human Resource Staff Members seeking advancement
- Human Resource Employees with exempt experience
- Mid-Level Managers seeking career change or enhancement
What you will learn:
This professional development program, using the 2014 SHRM
Learning System, will consist of three and a half hour class sessions for eleven weeks.
- Business Management and Strategy
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Human Resource Development
- Risk Management
- Workforce Planning and Employment
Designed to give human resource specialists new tools for successful performance on the job, the course also helps prepare participants for the Human Resource Certification Institute’s (HRCI) national examination for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) accreditation.
This professional development program, using the 2014 revised study materials of the SHRM Learning System, will consist of three and a half hour class sessions for eleven weeks.
Jon C. McDowell, SPHR
Retired Vice President, Human Resources, Bayhealth Medical Center
Jon has over 30 years of Human Resources experience. Prior to his retirement from Bayhealth, he worked for the State of Delaware and Crozer-Keystone Medical Center, providing key leadership expertise in benefits, compensation, employment, leadership development, and employee and labor relations.
Convenient Times and Location
January 14, 2014
Course Registration Information
The registration fee is $1,000 for all students and includes all required materials, workbooks, and mastery tests. This is more affordable than most other preparation courses in the region. There is no payment plan available at this time.
The HRCI Exam will take place between May 1 and June 30, 2014, and is open to all HR professionals with two years exempt-level Human Resources experience. Students are also able to take the exam online at various testing sites in the area.
For details about the certification fee and exam, contact HRCI at
(800) 283-7476 opt. 4 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Dr. Rob Weinstein, Chair of Human Resource Management,
at (302) 669-6605 or email@example.com.