New Castle Campus-Pratt Student Center
New Castle Campus-Audrey K. Doberstein Admissions Center (DAC), Second Floor
Phone: (302) 356-6711
If you are attending one of Wilmington University's other sites, please contact your site to make an appointment with your advisor.
The Student Success Center is your place to go for all your tutoring and academic support needs.
Online tutoring is available to all Wilmington University undergraduate and graduate students free of charge. Online tutoring can be accessed 24/7through your Blackboard site, click on your current course, then on the left hand side, click "online tutoring". Video tutorials are available at www.wilmu.edu/ssc/online-tutoring.aspx. There are over 19 subjects available in the online tutoring format.
Face-to-face tutoring is available to undergraduate students free of charge. The SSC has drop-in math, statistics, Praxis, accounting, finance, economics, and writing labs located at the New Castle site (DAC 219). Drop-in lab hours are also available at the Dover site. By appointment tutoring is offered at most other sites. In addition, tutoring is available in Legal Studies. Additionally, the SSC offers study skills workshops, success seminars, online academic support services, and mentoring programs.
For more specific information, please visit our website at www.wilmu.edu/ssc or call us at 302-356-6995. Students can also email the SSC at email@example.com.
451 Hungerford Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
Phone: (301) 217-0124
* The ADA Information Center has a number of resources about the ADA.
Newark Chapter (302) 737-5063
* C.H.A.D.D. is a national organization that provides support and information for children and adults who have ADD.
321 E. 11th Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
Phone: (302) 658-8860 Fax: (302) 654-5815
* Delaware Elwyn, Inc. has a mission to increase the self-sufficiency and productivity of people with disabilities and other disadvantages, subsequently increasing their ability to participate in, and contribute to the community.
Herman M. Holloway,
Sr. Campus Biggs Building 1901
North DuPont Highway
New Castle, DE 19720
Voice: (302) 255-9800
Fax: (302) 255-4441
TDD: (302) 255-9854
Kent and Sussex County Counties
Milford State Service Center Annex
13 SW Front Street Milford, DE 19963
Voice: (302) 424-7240 Fax: (302) 422-1419
*In order to promote health and well being, the Division for the Visually Impaired strives to reduce or eliminate all barriers to lifelong personal independence produced by the sensory disability of vision loss.
4425 North Market Street, P.O. Box 9969 Wilmington, DE 19809-0969
Phone: (302) 761-8275; (302)761-8336 (TTY)
* The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation seeks to empower individuals with disabilities. They provide employment, government programs, an information network, and educational and financial assistance.
Margaret M. O'Neill Building
122 William Penn St., Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 739-3613
* The State Council for Persons with Disabilities provides information/network, advocacy/government programs for persons with disabilities.
700A River Road Wilmington, DE 19809
Phone: (302) 764-8713
* SCADA's mission is to educate the entire community of its rights and responsibilities in complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
107 Commerce Center Drive, Suite 204, Huntersville, NC 28078
Phone: (704) 947-7779
Fax: (704) 948-7779
* AHEAD is the premiere professional association committed to full participation of persons with disabilities in postsecondary education.
Phone: (202) 973-0904 voice
Fax: (202) 833-4760
* HEATH is a clearinghouse of information on topics related to postsecondary education and disabilities.
40 York Rd., 4th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21204
Phone: (410) 296-0232 voice
(800) ABCD-123 for messages
Fax: (410) 321-5069
* The IDA is an international, non-profit organization dedicated to the study and treatment of learning disabilities and dyslexia.
PO Box 6080, Morgantown, WV 26506-6080
Fax: (304) 293-5407
* JAN has information about accommodating persons with disabilities.
4156 Library Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15234-1349
Phone: (412) 341-1515 voice
Fax: (412) 344-0224
* LDA is the largest non-profit volunteer organization advocating for individuals with learning disabilities. LDA seeks to educate individuals with learning disabilities and their parents about the nature of the disability and inform them of their rights.
8201 Corporate Dr., Suite 600, Landover, MD 20785
Fax: (301) 459-4263
* The NARIC maintains a research library on rehabilitation and disability issues.