Sanctions for Violations of Conduct
Sanctions imposed by the Student Discipline Committee may include but are not limited to the following actions:
- Disciplinary probation with or without loss of designated privileges for a specified period of time;
- Restriction of privileges such as removal from elective or appointed office and/or ineligibility in representing the University;
- Suspension from the University for a specified period of time. Any suspension may be followed by a probationary period and may include restriction or forfeiture of privileges;
- Dismissal from the University with permission to reapply after a specified period of time. Conditions precedent to readmission may be established in conjunction with such a dismissal;
- Permanent dismissal from the University.
There will be no financial refunds in decisions involving loss or restriction of privileges, suspension or dismissal.
Any of the sanctions listed above may be imposed for a first offense and any subsequent offense. Sanctions are not required to be progressive. The appropriate sanction shall be imposed at the discretion of the Student Disciplinary Committee. In order for the Committee to approve a sanction, it must be agreed upon by a majority vote of those members present.