Hope Scholarship Credit / Lifetime Learning Credit
Wilmington University has contracted with Vangent Inc/TRA Services to provide 1098-T forms and related services to our students. Vangent will mail Student 1098-T forms by February 1, 2017.
Their website (http://tra.vangent.com) contains links to detailed information and answers to frequently asked questions such as:
- What is the Hope Scholarship Credit?
- What is the Lifetime Learning Credit?
- What is a 1098-T form?
- What expenses qualify for these tax credits?
Their website also contains a variety of links to IRS information and publications that may be very helpful to students and their families.
Tax forms are available from the year 2005 through the current tax year.
Registering for the First Time on the Vangent Website?
- After registering on the Vangent website, you will be sent an e-mail.
- You will receive a temporary password that you will need to copy directly from that e-mail.
- Next, you must visit the link provided in the Vangent e-mail where you may login and finish the process.
After February 1, 2017 students will be able to print a duplicate form from the website or request that a duplicate form be mailed to them.
Financial details of account activity are listed on the back of the original 1098-T form.
1098-T forms will be submitted to the IRS by March 31, 2017.
Questions regarding specific Wilmington University information on the form may be directed to the University Information Center (UIC) at (302) 356-4636 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember that Wilmington University is unable to provide tax advice; tax-specific questions should be directed to a tax advisor or the Internal Revenue Service. The University adheres to the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act regarding the release of student related information.
Access Your 1098-T Form Online
Note: The first time you visit Vangent's website you will need to select "First Time Students" to register and create an account.
Wilmington University’s school code is 00794800.
On the Vangent TRA Service Registration Page, for security reasons, students will need to enter:
- Last 5 digits of your Social Security Number
- First and Last Name as it was in Wilmington University’s database in January, 2016.
- Note: We did not send Student IDs to Vangent.