Master of Business Administration
Please refer to "The Graduate Admissions Process" section for general graduate admission information and requirements. If you are an international student, please click here.
Before registering for your first course:
Submit a graduate application for admission accompanied by a non-refundable
application fee. Download
the Application Materials or apply online.
Once admitted, please follow the steps below for registration:
- Register for MGT 6501 as your first course.
- Meet with a program director or chair for a program planning conference. It is recommended that students have copies of their undergraduate transcripts at the time of their application submission.
- Have Official transcripts sent electronically or via mail in a sealed envelope directly from the school of attendance to:
31 Read's Way
New Castle, DE 19720-6491
- Complete a writing assessment.
Students who have met the admission requirements are advanced to degree
candidacy after completing four courses with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0, provided
they have met the following requirements:
- Successfully completed MGT 6501 as one of the first four courses in the program.
- Completed at least three credits in undergraduate mathematics with a grade of “C” or better at the level of college algebra, college mathematics, statistics or higher (equivalent to Wilmington University MAT110 or higher or a passing grade on the CLEP college algebra examination).
- Completed at least three credits in undergraduate economics with a grade of “C” or better (equivalent to Wilmington University ECO 105 or a passing grade on the CLEP microeconomics or macroeconomics examination).
- Completed six credits of undergraduate Accounting I and II with a grade of “C” or better in both courses (equivalent to Wilmington University BAC 101 and 102). Students may complete MBA 5850 Financial Accounting for MBAs to meet this requirement.
- Completed three credits of undergraduate finance with a grade of “C” or better (equivalent to Wilmington University FIN 305 ). Students may complete MHR 7830 Finance and Accounting for Managers to meet this requirement.
- Successful completion of the required graduate writing assessment. Any applicant who does not meet the minimum College of Business standard will be required to complete ENG 365 , Academic Writing. Upon successful completion of ENG 365 , the applicant is required to retake the writing assessment and meet the College of Business standard prior to admission to the graduate program.
- Submission of all required admissions documents, including an official undergraduate transcript.
Students who have not completed all of the above requirements prior to completing 12 graduate credits will not advance to candidacy status. Students who do not meet the candidacy requirement will be unable to register for additional classes until they meet with a program chair and agree on a plan of action ensuring student’s successful completion of the MBA candidacy requirements.
Professional Certification Option
Wilmington University will award graduate-level credit for certain professional certifications. The credit for these professional certifications will be applied to a like course or courses in the curriculum or be accepted as an elective or electives if there are no corresponding courses in the respective program and the professional certification is in an appropriate field of study. Examples of professional certifications include: Certified Public Accountant; Certified Production and Inventory Manager; Certified Financial Planner; Six Sigma Green or Black Belt; and Senior Professional HR Manager. Students who wish to be considered for graduate-level credit should apply to the MBA Program Chair.
Please refer to the academic catalog for the year you began your degree program.