Director, Public Relations
320 DuPont Highway
New Castle, DE 19720
Wilmington University Faculty Prove Commitment to Life-Long Learning
Over 500 Wilmington University faculty members will attend a University Faculty Development Day entitled Strengthening Our Academic Foundation on Saturday, March 22, at the New Castle campus in the Doberstein Admissions Center. The event was created to enhance teaching skills and demonstrate the meaning and importance of being a life-long learner.
Registration for the event is full.
As they willingly exchange a Saturday of personal time to develop greater learning skills themselves, University faculty will benefit from a wide variety of workshops focusing on such topics as:
- Development of critical thinking skills ways to encourage students to demonstrate critical thinking skills in their own assessments.
- How to support high expectations of student writing and creating writing assignments that connect course concepts to their professional applications.
- Improving communication of student grading policies and expectations.
- Understanding the outcomes assessment initiative at Wilmington University·
- Becoming culturally responsive to Wilmington University's ever-changing student population.
“This development initiative speaks to who we are as teachers and demonstrates how Wilmington University supports its faculty,” said Dr. Bonnie Kirkpatrick, Senior Director of Faculty Development and Support.
About Wilmington University
Wilmington University is a private, nonprofit university committed to providing flexible, career-oriented traditional and online undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs and offering small class sizes, individualized attention and affordable tuition. For more information, contact Wilmington University at 302-356-INFO (4636), via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at www.wilmu.edu.