Undergraduate programs at Wilmington University afford international students the opportunity to attain Bachelor and Associate degrees in Business, Information Technology, Education, Behavioral Science, Nursing and General Studies. Please review the information below for instructions about how to apply to Wilmington University as an international student and obtain an F-1 Student Visa.
To download an application packet with all required materials please click here.
First-Time F-1 Students
Applying for admission as an international student is a multi-step process. Your Designated School Official (DSO) will provide you with information and assistance for each step.
It is advisable that you send all the required documents listed on the Document Admission Checklist within the following guidelines:
- Fall Semester Applicants by June 30
- Spring Semester Applicants by October 30
- Summer Semester Applicants by February 28
First, you will submit all documentation required to attend Wilmington University as an international student. This includes all forms, fees, transcripts and any additional program-specific requirements. Once you have submitted all documentation and met all program entrance requirements, you will be issued the Form I-20.
With your Form I-20, you will pay the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee. SEVIS is the interface between the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency and Wilmington University, and is used to administer your I-20.
After the issuance of the Form I-20 and payment of the SEVIS fee, you will schedule a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy having jurisdiction over your location. Please visit the U.S. Embassy website for up-to-date information about Embassies and F-1 Visa application procedures. Once granted the F-1 Student Visa, you can enter the U.S. up to thirty (30) days before your program begins.
Upon arrival in the United States please immediately make an appointment with your Designated School Official (DSO) and bring with you your original I-20, I-94, Passport and F-1 Student Visa.
Undergraduate Admissions Checklist
The following checklist details the items that you will need for the issuance of the Form I-20. All necessary forms are in the Undergraduate International Student Packet, which can be requested from the DSO.
All Incoming International Students
- Wilmington University Application for Admission
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- Official High School Transcript and its Evaluation (for Undergraduate students) and/or an Official course-by-course transcript of US college(s) and/or any member of www.NACES.org, www.AACRAO.org, or www.NAFSA.org evaluation of foreign educational credentials. (All transcripts MUST be official- COPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED). Official transcripts must be sent directly from the US institution or Evaluation Agency in a sealed envelope.
- Proof of Language Proficiency (Original TOEFL or IETS Scores) or a minimum of 12 credits completed in the US institution that include ex. Eng. Comp I/II, Public Speaking, Philosophy, Sociology etc. ) TOEFL minimum scores: iBT 61 or greater, CBT 173 or greater, PBT 500 or greater IELTS minimum score: BAND 5.5 or greater (ALL tests must be taken no longer than two years ago)( Note: Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to Wilmington University – photocopies or student copies of the score reports are not acceptable)
- Complete the Accuplacer Levels of English Language Proficiency (LOEP) test (this test includes three sections: reading skills, language usage, and sentence meaning).
- Proof of Immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), HBV & Tetanus
- Photocopy of Passport, and copy of Visa, and I-94 card (if currently in the US)
- Current and previous I-20s (if transfer student) or DS 2019 (if J1 visa holder)
- F-1 Visa Compliance Form Affidavit of Support (signed and stamped by Notary Public/Legal Official)
- Original Financial Documents (See the Tuition Form)
- Tuition Form
If you are transferring from another institution within the United States, your current school will need to transfer your SEVIS record to Wilmington University. Once all the documents in the list above are submitted, you will also need the following:
- Transfer Form with Approved SEVIS Release Date
- Copies of your I-94 (front and back), valid I-20, Passport and Visa
- Official Transcript from the Transfer Institution
Application must be received by the following deadlines:
- August 1 for Fall Block I & October 1 for Fall Block II (or next business day)
- December 1 for Spring Block I & February 1 for Spring Block II (or next business day)
- April 1 for Summer Block I and June 1 for Summer Block II (or next business day)
All required documents must be submitted by the 15th of the month accordingly to 320 N DuPont Highway, New Castle, DE 19720.
If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please contact your P/DSO in the Office of International Admissions at (302) 356-6741 or email@example.com for assistance.