- If you need Technical Support, please call the Tech Support number at 1-877-708-2905. The preferred web browsers for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Internet Explorer, Safari, and Edge do not fully support Collaborate and you may experience issues that will lead to frustration.
- Quick Start Guides
- Tutorial Videos
- Training for Faculty
- Template Message for Faculty - This is a Blackboard Annoucement to invite students to a Collaborate webinar.
- Using Collaborate Ultra on a Mobile Device
- Getting Started in Collaborate Ultra for Faculty
- Getting Started in Collaborate Ultra for Students
Tool Bar Icons
Setting up your audio and video
Using the Whiteboard and Sharing Applications
Accessing Collaborate Ultra from the Course Menu
Changing your profile picture
Changing User Preferences
First, please check the Educational Technology Workshop Calendar to see if there is a Blackboard Collaborate Workshop that fits your schedule. If there is not a workshop that fits your needs, please fill out the One-on-One Training Request form and an Instructional Technologist will then contact you to set up an online training appointment.
Below is a template message for faculty members. It's recommended that you copy and paste the text below into an announcement in your courses using Collaborate Ultra. Remeber to paste into Blackboard you must use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + V". The message will inform students how to use the software and get support if they need help using or configuring the software on their computer.
The online meeting will be held on <date> at <time> <time zone>. We will be using Blackboard Collaborate, a web conferencing tool that is similar to Skype. Here is the link you will need to join the Blackboard Collaborate session: <guest link to Collaborate room>
This webpage has tutorials that will show you how to join a Blackboard Collaborate session. If you need Technical Support, please call the Tech Support number at 1-877-708-2905. Be sure to join the meeting 5 – 10 minute prior to it starting, to ensure you can properly login.