Master of Science
Please refer to "The Graduate Admissions Process" section for general graduate admission information and requirements. For consideration and admission to the Master of Science in Management (M.S.M.) program, applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution and satisfactorily submit or complete the following:
- A graduate application for admission accompanied by a non-refundable
application fee. Download
the Application Materials or apply online.
- A minimum TOEFL® score of 173 on the computer-based version for applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
- A program planning conference meeting with a program director or chair to discuss admission, candidacy, and program requirements is highly recommended.
- Complete the online writing assessment (contact the Graduate Admissions Department for instructions).
All required application and candidacy documents should be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions (address below):
31 Read's Way
New Castle, DE 19720-6491
* Please note that enrollment in the MSM program with a concentration in Military Leadership is restricted to selected members of the Delaware National Guard.
- Register for either MGT 6501 or MGT 6503 as the first course in the MSM program. MGT 6501 is highly recommended as the first course to be taken in the program.
- Prior to registering for your second MSM course you should:
- Meet with a program director or chair for a program planning conference. Please have a transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable) available for the conference.
- Submit an official transcript from an accredited college, university, or other degree-granting institution, verifying completion of a bachelor's degree. Send official transcript(s) directly from the identified college or university to the Wilmington University Graduate Admissions Office.
Advancement to Degree Candidacy
Students in the MSM Program are advanced to degree candidacy after completing four courses with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0, provided they have:
- Submitted an official transcript from their undergraduate institution confirming receipt of their baccalaureate degree.
- Successfully completed the required writing assessment.
- Completed a program planning conference.
- Successfully completed MGT 6501 .
Students missing any of these items will not be permitted to continue
their MSM studies until the deficiency or deficiencies have been corrected.
Please refer to the academic catalog for the year you began your degree program.