Teacher of Reading
Master of Education
Please refer to The Graduate Admissions Process section for general graduate admission information. For full admission to the Master of Education in Instruction degree program, applicants are expected to provide or complete the following:
Register for MED 6102 (e-folio) along with
other course(s) selected.
Prior to completing your first course
- Prior to registering for your first course
Complete and submit the Graduate Application for Admission, accompanied by a
non-refundable application fee.
- Provide an official transcript from a regionally accredited college,
university, or other degree-granting institution, verifying completion of a
bachelor’s degree. Send official transcript(s) directly to Wilmington University
from the identified college or university.
- Schedule a program planning conference with an Admissions Counselor, Program
Advisor, or the Program Chair.
- Provide a record of work experience as a classroom teacher or in a related field (three years of experience is preferred).
- Provide a copy of a current, valid teaching license or certificate.
- Complete the online writing assessment with a score of 3 or higher.
- International students must provide results from the Test of English as
Foreign Language (TOEFL) that meet current minimum score requirements.
All of the documents described above should be sent to the Office of Graduate
This information applies to students who enter this degree program during the 2012-2013 Academic Year. If you entered this degree program before the Fall 2012 semester, please refer to the academic catalog for the year you began your degree program.