Before You Apply for Financial Aid
Although you can file for financial aid at any time, our PRIORITY processing timeframe to receive maximum consideration for financial aid is: January 1 - APRIL 1st of each year. All information must be in our office by this date to receive maximum consideration for financial aid. We suggest you file by March 1st to insure your information is in our office by the priority date. To file for financial aid you must:
Meet the General eligibility requirements
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a program leading to a degree.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree.
- Not owe a refund or be in default on a student loan received at any institution.
- Be registered with the Selective Service (if required), and confirm that registration.
- Provide a verified Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen.
- Demonstrate need or eligibility according to federal guidelines.
Apply for Admission
No offer of financial aid can be made until you have been officially accepted for admissions to Wilmington University as a regular student in a degree-seeking program.
File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
File the FAFSA
You are encouraged to file the FAFSA on-line at www.fafsa.gov Note: If you file electronically you will receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN). You can use the PIN to sign the FAFSA electronically. Without a signature the FAFSA will not be processed