Student Withdrawals-Official

If your enrollment terminates through official withdrawal and you are a recipient of Federal and/or state financial aid funds, your financial aid package must be reviewed. Federal programs are as follows: College Work-Study Program, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Pell Grant, Academic Competitiveness Grant, National Smart Grant, TEACH Grant, Stafford Student Loan, and the Parent/Supplemental Loan Program.

Your financial aid eligibility is based upon your cost of education (e.g., tuition, mandatory fees, room, board, books, and miscellaneous expenses). This cost of education represents actual costs incurred for the entire semester and is contingent upon your completion of that semester. When you officially withdraw, your cost of education must be recalculated to determine if an institutional refund refers to the amount paid for charges by financial aid funding and cash payments, minus the amount retained (such as room and board rebates, if applicable) for the portion of the payment period that the student was actually enrolled.

Federal regulations require that the institution return monies due to the Title IV Financial Aid Programs within forty-five days from the school’s determination that the student withdrew or dropped out. This computation may result in a reduction in your financial aid. The amount of funds to be returned is determined by the specific refund formulas and the University's refund allocation policy. The University's procedure for withdrawal is to notify the Office of the Registrar in writing, and by filling out a withdrawal form. Oral requests are not accepted. Appeals should be sent in writing to the Office of the Registrar. See the section on Title IV/Refund Allocation Policy for further details.

Failure Due to Attendance

If your enrollment terminates and you fail to adhere to the official withdrawal policy and deadline, and you are receiving Title IV funds, you will be considered for the pro-rate refund policy if applicable, or the University's refund policy.