Any student that is expecting to complete the requirements of his/her degree must do the following:
- Student's billing account must be current prior to submission of Petition for Degree Form.
- File a Petition for Degree Form and submit it, even if you do not intend to participate in the Commencement ceremony, to the Registrar’s Office in New Castle or any home site. This form is available at all sites or can be downloaded from the web. Click here to download the Petition for Degree Form.
- Completion of the form accompanied with the fee, and submitted by the deadline ensures that a diploma will be received on time, a cap and gown will be ordered, and that the student’s name is published in the commencement program.
- The petition for graduation form must be initiated by the student; it is not an automatic procedure.
- The graduation fee is required for all students who are petitioning to graduate, regardless if they attend the commencement ceremony or not.
- All academic and admissions requirements, as well as, financial obligations have to be met before the conferral of your degree is placed on your transcript.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding if your graduation requirements have been met contact your academic advisor.