Ensure academic requirements have been met
If you have any questions or concerns regarding if your academic requirements have been met, contact your academic advisor or program chair.
Ensure student billing account is current prior to submission of Degree Conferral Application
Submit Degree Conferral Application with fee
All students must submit the degree conferral application. Completion of the application accompanied with the fee, and submitted by the deadline ensures that a diploma will be ordered, students can order cap and gown, and that the student's name is published in the commencement program. A separate email will be sent to students regarding Commencement.
- Sign on to your myWilmU account
- Click the My Profile icon from the home page
- From the left menu, click on Application for Degree
- Follow the step-by-step instructions
Order cap and gown
Only if attending Commencement ceremony.
Complete the exit counseling requirement
Completing the exit counseling process is a federal requirement for all federal student loan borrowers and may be completed at studentloans.gov.
- Student's billing account must be current prior to submission of Degree Conferral Application
- The Degree Conferral Application must be initiated by the student; it is not an automatic procedure
- The conferral fee is required for all students who are applying for conferral, regardless if they attend the commencement ceremony or not.
- All academic and admissions requirements, as well as, financial obligations have to be met before the conferral of your degree is placed on your transcript.
- If you receive Financial Aid, contact your Financial Aid Advisor for information about exit counseling. Completing the electronic exit counseling process is a federal requirement for all federal student loan borrowers and may be completed at studentloans.gov.
- Only students completing their degree requirements by the end of summer and fall semester can attend the January ceremony.
- Only students completing their degree requirements by the end of the spring semester can attend the May ceremony.
- All undergraduates must have a minimum of a 2.00 grade point average to graduate.
- All graduates must have a minimum of a 3.00 grade point average to graduate.