Any student that is expecting to complete the requirements of his/her degree must do the following:
- Student's billing account must be current prior to submission of Petition for Degree Form.
- File a Petition for Degree Form and submit it, even if you do not intend to participate in the Commencement ceremony, to the Registrar’s Office in New Castle or any home site. NEW! This form can be submitted online through WebCampus, can be downloaded as a .pdf from the web, and is available at all sites. Click here to download the Petition for Degree Form.
- Completion of the form accompanied with the fee, and submitted by the deadline ensures that a diploma will be received on time, a cap and gown will be ordered, and that the student’s name is published in the commencement program.
- The petition for graduation form must be initiated by the student; it is not an automatic procedure.
- The graduation fee is required for all students who are petitioning to graduate, regardless if they attend the commencement ceremony or not.
- All academic and admissions requirements, as well as, financial obligations have to be met before the conferral of your degree is placed on your transcript.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding if your graduation requirements have been met, contact your academic advisor.
- If you receive Financial Aid,
contact your Financial Aid Advisor for information about exit counseling. Completing the electronic exit counseling process is a federal requirement for all federal student loan borrowers and may be completed at www.studentloans.gov.
Follow the steps outlined below to file a Petition for Degree online.
NEW! File a Petition for Degree Online
- Sign on to your WebCampus account.
- From the left menu, click on Petition to Graduate.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions. It’s that easy!
If you have been away from Wilmington University for 3 or more semesters, you currently do not have access to WebCampus. Please submit your Petition for Degree form in person, via fax, or by mail.
- Click here to download the Petition for Degree Form.
- Complete the form entirely.
- Send the completed form by mail with a valid check or money order or fax with credit card payment for the non-refundable fee (as indicated on the form) to:
Student Payment Office
320 N. Dupont Highway
New Castle, DE 19720-6491
Fax: (302) 328-5689