Wilmington University's Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) offers the highest practice-focused degree in nursing and is designed to prepare expert clinicians. In contrast to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), which places more emphasis on conducting original research, the Doctor of Nursing Practice is a practitioner's degree that develops well-integrated skills which are immediately applicable to clinical practice.
This program offers the following tracks:
- Traditional Doctor of Nursing Practice*
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: Advanced Practice (For NPs, CRNAs, CNMs, and CNSs)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: Leadership
* Students in the Advanced Practice option can pursue a post-masters certificate in one of three specialties: nurse educator, nurse executive, or legal nurse consultant.
- Accelerated MSN to DNP
- Combination Nurse Practitioner / DNP (This option requires two applications one to the post graduate Nurse Practitioner program and DNP)
Cohorts begin three times per year in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Application Deadline for Spring Term Admission: November 1
- Application Deadline for Summer Term Admission: March 15
- Application Deadline for Fall Term Admission: July 15
With a DNP, your career options are limitless.
Contact Dr. Aaron Sebach at email@example.com, DNP Program Chair, for more information.