Microsoft Lync - Make Virtual Meetings Simple
What is Lync?
Lync is a web conferencing tool that allows faculty and staff to hold virtual meetings from various sites and locations via a computer. Participants may be off campus or working from home and join in virtually.
Lync has all the services that Communicator had, plus some additional functions. Lync integrates instant messaging, presence, audio, video, web conferencing and voice - it even has video conferencing features built in to simulate face-to-face meetings.
- Travel time is lessened – save gas and mileage.
- Invite adjuncts or guests to the meeting.
- Use the outlook scheduler for instant meeting invitations.
- Documents can be shared instantly.
A Quick Overview of Lync
Lync is a virtual connection between you and the people you work with. It lets you talk, share your desktop and applications, and work together in real time.
What new features does Lync have?
Lync allows you to combine conversations, sharing, and meetings into a single application, so you can bounce ideas around, share your desktop, or even give PowerPoint presentations.
Steps to getting started with Lync
Headsets with mics are needed. A suggested headset is the Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB headset. Click here for pricing.
A computer with Microsoft Lync 2010 installed.
- Prior to the training session, please click one of the following links to download the vital information:
Download as a Word Document | Download as a PDF
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a training session.