About Career Services
Career Services Mission Statement
Career Services exists to help students and alumni who often need assistance in career planning and placement. Our services are offered to bridge education and life experiences with lifelong professional goals.
The orientation of Career Services is reflected in the resources and events that offer self-knowledge, career exploration, and work experience to prepare students to manage their careers after graduation.
Career Services will fulfill its commitment to students in a friendly, caring, professional environment that serves people with varying backgrounds, ethnicity’s, interests, and abilities. Quality service will be provided on a convenient basis. Students utilizing Career Services will gain insight into their chosen field and gain valuable strategies to make the transition from college to work.
Career Services Overview
The Career Services Department is located in the Pratt Building on the New Castle main campus. Career planning resources are available for students, alumni, and faculty for student career development purposes.
- FOCUS – An internet- based self assessment.
- One-on-one counseling.
Career preparation workshops and seminars are held throughout the school year such as:
- Resume Preparation
- Interviewing Techniques
- Professional Etiquette
- Job-Search Strategies
Career Fairs and On-Campus Recruiting
- Both spring and fall career fairs featuring prominent employers throughout Delaware and the Tri-State areas allow students and alumni to meet employers face-to-face.
- Also, employers recruit and interview on-campus at various times throughout the year. Check the calendar of events or contact career services for more information.
Career Resources on the Web
- WU students and alumni can post resumes and apply for job openings on our electronic job posting board powered by the Career Link.
- We have a wealth of resources for students and alumni, employers, and faculty for career development purposes on our website. Links to salary information, resume development, interviewing strategies, professional organizations information, career news, information are available 24/7.