About The College of Health Professions Programs
Wilmington University is your gateway to academic and professional success in the health care field! Programs within the College of Health Professions are unique in that we offer ONLY degree completion programs for RNs and Allied Health professionals. Initial preparation to become a Registered Nurse or an Allied Health practitioner is not offered. We respect your prior learning and therefore have a liberal transfer credit policy. Because we serve working professionals, we offer flexible schedules that enable you to balance the challenges of work, personal, and educational commitments.
Our diverse student body reflects our global community. Faculty members foster a community of excellence where students value quality, relevance, and lifelong learning. Students and alumni consistently report satisfaction with learning experiences and their employers report enhanced professional practice. We are proud of our students and alumni who are truly active leaders in their diverse professional nursing roles and volunteer practices.
Our first class of RN to BSN students began their studies in 1986 and graduated in 1988. We have changed a great deal in 20+ years to meet the needs of our students. Today, we offer:
- Face-to-face BSN classes at New Castle, Dover, and Georgetown sites in Delaware and in Cumberland County, New Jersey.
- Hybrid (part face-to-face and part on-line) courses at the New Castle site.
- On-line courses starting in January of 2009.
- RN to BSN Pathways Program for registered nurses with a bachelor’s degree in another field.
- Post-Baccalaureate Legal Nurse Consultant Certificate for registered nurses who have completed a BSN degree and desire this track of study through distance education.
In 1993, we added our first MSN program, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP). Over the past 15 years, our graduate programs have grown to include:
- Nurse Practitioner: Family NP, Adult/Gerontological NP.
- Nursing Leadership: Nurse Educator, Nurse Executive, and Legal Nurse Consultant.
- Dual degrees with Business and Nursing Leadership.
- Face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses are offered; on-line courses only for the Legal Nurse Consultant.
- Programs are offered at the Wilson Graduate Center in New Castle and at our Georgetown site, both in Delaware.
- The Nursing Leadership track is available in Cumberland, New Jersey
In 2005, we added the Allied Health degree completion program. Highlights of this program include:
- Courses offered at New Castle, Dover, and Georgetown sites in Delaware and online.
- Opportunity to pursue graduate education to advance in your current career or to change careers.
For further information/ details about our programs/ offerings, please feel free to contact Stephanie Paris, Administrative Assistant, College of Health Professions, at email@example.com or 302-356-6915
This information applies to students who enter this degree program during the 2014-2015 Academic Year. If you entered this degree program before the Fall 2014 semester, please refer to the academic catalog for the year you began your degree program.