Obtaining a Certificate
Students obtain a certificate by completing a concentration of courses in a specialized subject area (the number of courses and credits varies by program). After acquiring a certificate, students may choose to apply their credits toward a degree program in the same or related field of study.
- Students choose to major in a certificate program.
- Students are advised on what classes need to be completed to obtain the certificate.
- Students may meet with their advisor/coordinators during the course of their studies.
- When students are enrolled in their last course for completion of the certificate program, the student must fill out the appropriate certificate form (see below).
- The form must be turned into the Registrar’s Office.
- The Registrar Associate responsible for degree conferral/certificate completion will perform an audit. This will tell the Registrar Associate if this student has met all Certificate Requirements. After that has been confirmed a statement will be administered on the student’s transcript.
- Another Registrar Associate will print the certificate and mail it to the student’s home address.
- PLEASE NOTE: Certificate candidates are not eligible to participate in a graduation ceremony.
|These documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). To view and print these documents, you must have the Adobe Reader or other software capable of opening PDF files.