Online Course Preparation List
Please use this list as a guide to help you prepare your online course prior to the start of your class. Some tasks have video tutorials for your reference.
- Add date restrictions to discussion board forums, tests, and weekly folders (optional)
- Add Faculty Contact information
- Update the Course Information and Schedule (CIS) in the Syllabus section with instructor’s name and contact information, preferred communication method, expected response times to messages and assignments, and other course-specific policies.
- If you have previously taught the course, review past course evaluations to determine if enhancements for instructional strategies are required. Contact your Program Chair for IDEA information.
- Make enhancements to course design where necessary (You may add resources-websites, videos, podcasts, articles, and change out discussion board questions).
*Please check with your Program Chair before making changes to assignments.
- Use the Link Checker in Course Tools (located in the Control Panel) to check the URLs in the course – find replacement links if needed.
- Check all media for proper display (broken images, video playback, etc.)
- Test the course navigation for accessibility and correct any accessibility problems.