WilmU STAR Scholarship Guidelines
The WilmU STAR Scholarship is available to graduates from the SEED program to attend Wilmington University with half tuition*. The intent of this scholarship program is to offset the cost of tuition, thereby increasing the number of Delawareans who attend college and complete baccalaureate degree programs. The scholarship program is subject to available funds appropriated by Wilmington University.
*Course fees and books are not covered by the WilmU STAR Scholarship.
The WilmU STAR scholarship recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Maintain SEED eligibility throughout associate degree conferral;
- Earn a conferred associate degree with a minimum 3.25 cumulative grade point average (GPA) as indicated on the student’s official academic transcript;
- The student must enroll and attend classes at Wilmington University within six months after the student has completed his or her associate degree under the SEED program;
- The student must submit all official academic transcripts to WilmU’s Office of Admissions;
- A student must satisfy admission standards as determined by Wilmington University and must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program;
- A student must be enrolled full-time at Wilmington University during the fall and spring semesters.
To apply for the WilmU STAR scholarship, follow these steps:
- Complete the Admissions Process.
Email a copy of the letter of eligibility provided by Delaware Technical Community College to Wilmington University’s Registrar Misty Williams at email firstname.lastname@example.org. Students can provide a physical copy in-person of the letter to the WilmU’s Registrar office, located at:
320 N. DuPont Highway,
New Castle, DE 19720,
Doberstein Admissions Center (DAC) building
- Upon completion of the requirements above, the student’s myWilmU account will be updated within five business days and once enrolled in courses the WilmU STAR scholarship will be visible in his or her account.
- Students seeking to apply for financial aid must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The WilmU school code is 007948.
To maintain eligibility in the WilmU STAR Scholarship program:
- A student must complete 12 or more eligible credits in both fall and spring semesters. The student must make steady satisfactory academic progress toward a baccalaureate degree, earning no fewer than 24 credit hours required for full-time status in each academic year.
- A student must maintain continuous full-time enrollment for both the fall and spring semesters in each successive academic year.
- A student must maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 calculated on a 4.0 scale for coursework completed at WilmU. Cumulative grade point average will be verified at the end of each semester to determine eligibility for each upcoming academic semester.
- The WilmU STAR Scholarship will not pay for courses or other post-secondary units previously paid or taken in excess of the requirement for completion of a bachelor’s degree.
- Students enrolled in at least six or more credits during the summer semester are eligible for the WilmU STAR Scholarship. Summer registration is not required.
- Full-Time status is not required during the student’s final semester if fewer than 12 credits are needed to complete the baccalaureate degree.
- If a student withdraws or drops from a course, which results in reducing the course load to fewer than 12 credits per semester, he or she loses eligibility.
- Students do not need to reapply for the WilmU STAR scholarship or complete any paperwork each term.
- A student’s academic standing will be reviewed by Student Financial Services on a semester by semester basis.
- Once the WilmU STAR Scholarship application steps have been completed, the scholarship will be applied to the student’s account within five business days. Upon enrollment in courses, students are able to view the WilmU STAR scholarship in their myWilmU account.
- The WilmU STAR Scholarship is for half tuition.
- To pay for the remaining half tuition, students may use financial aid, pay in full, or use Wilmington University’s payment plan.
For questions about the WilmU STAR scholarship, please contact Misty Williams, registrar at Wilmington University, at email email@example.com or 302-295-1121.