Skip to main content
What We Do
University Safety Responsibilities And Services
- Primarily responsible for the development, implementation and exercise of emergency plans.
- Oversees the inspection and replacement of emergency communications devices, emergency first aid supplies and CCTV equipment.
- Conduct campus threat and vulnerability assessments.
- Oversee the Wilmington University Safety Committee.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency requests for safety services on campus.
- Investigate crimes occurring on campus in conjunction with State and local law enforcement authorities.
- Provide first aid to injured persons.
- Deter, detect, observe and reports incidents occurring on campus.
- Provide 24/7 campus security patrol.
- Provide escorts for students, staff and faculty.
- Provide timely notification of crime trends that may impact student safety.
- Conduct prevention and awareness seminars for students, staff and faculty.
- Maintain campus crime statistics.
- Make disciplinary referrals to the Office of Student Affairs.
- Control building access.
- Assist with campus traffic and provide traffic direction.
- Provide parking assistance including special requests for short-term accommodations.
- Provide assistance and referrals for vehicle emergencies.
- Maintain lost and found property.