WilmU Works for Aspiring Teachers Scholarship Guidelines
The WilmU Works for Aspiring Teachers Scholarship (“Aspiring Teachers Scholarship”) is available to Delaware high school graduates who attend Wilmington University. It offers a 15% tuition reduction per credit, which is equivalent to $7,196 for a completed bachelor's degree*. The intent of this scholarship program is to offset the cost of tuition** for becoming a teacher, thereby increasing the number of Delawareans who attend college, complete baccalaureate degree programs, and pursue careers in education. The scholarship program is subject to available funds appropriated by Wilmington University.
*Based on tuition rates for the 2021-2022 academic year.
**Course fees and books are not covered by the Aspiring Teachers Scholarship.
To receive this Scholarship, recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a non-binding Intent to Enroll form below.
- Earn a conferred high school diploma from a Delaware high school, which will be verified by the official high school transcript.
- Complete regular Wilmington University admissions requirements.
- Formally enroll at Wilmington University within 12 months of graduating from a Delaware high school.
- Pursue a Teacher Preparation Program that leads to Licensure: B.S. Early Care and Education (Birth-2), B.S. Elementary Education (K-6), or B.S. Middle Level Education (6-8).
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in WilmU coursework, which will be verified prior to every semester.
How to apply for the WilmU Works for Aspiring Teachers Scholarship:
- Submit your Intent to Enroll form to Wilmington University (located on this page).
- Complete your high school diploma at a Delaware high school.
- Enroll at WilmU within 12 months of completing your high school diploma.
- Continue at WilmU part- or full-time toward a bachelor’s degree in a teacher preparation program to receive the reoccurring scholarship, worth up to $7,196.
To maintain eligibility for the reoccurring Aspiring Teachers Scholarship program:
- A student must complete coursework in an eligible Teacher Preparation Program and maintain continuous enrollment in that program in subsequent academic years.
- A student must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 calculated on a 4.0 scale for coursework completed at WilmU. Cumulative GPA will be verified at the end of each semester to determine eligibility for each upcoming academic semester.
- A student must be enrolled in a Teacher Preparation Program that leads to Licensure: B.S. Early Care and Education (Birth-2), B.S. Elementary Education (K-6), or B.S. Middle Level Education (6-8). Degree program will be verified at the end of each semester to determine eligibility for the upcoming academic semester.
- A student must complete the Aspiring Teachers Scholarship application steps before the scholarship will be applied to the student’s account. Upon enrollment in courses, a student will be able to view the Aspiring Teachers Scholarship, within five business days, in their myWilmU account.
- The Aspiring Teachers Scholarship is a 15% reduction on tuition per credit.
- To pay for the remaining tuition, students may use financial aid, pay in full, or use Wilmington University’s payment plan.
- Continuing eligibility for the Aspiring Teachers Scholarship with be reviewed for each student prior to the next semester.
For questions about the WilmU Works for Aspiring Teachers Scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.