Transfer Credit

For transfer student admission requirements and procedures, please visit Transfer Student Admission.

Also, if you would like to see which course credits can be transferred, you can use our Credit Transfer Tool.

Undergraduate Transfer Credit Policy and Residency

Wilmington University accepts for transfer a maximum of 90 hours towards a bachelor's degree and 30 hours towards an associate's degree. Some of the transfer credits may not apply towards a specific degree. Transferability of this learning content and/ or credit may be assessed for equivalency to required course competency. At least 30 credits of the 120 credit program of study must be upper level (300-400 level) at Wilmington University.

Transfer credits accepted from colleges and universities must be from an accredited institution that is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) earned with a grade of "C" or better. For students with conferred associate's degrees, there are certain circumstances where grades less than a "C" may be accepted.

A transfer student with a cumulative GPA of less than 2.0 will be interviewed by an academic representative to determine appropriate course schedule.

Specific transfer credit policies may apply to particular programs within each college. All transfer credits that are being applied to any College of Education degree program that contributes to eligibility for licensure as a Delaware educator must be from a REGIONALLY accredited institution. The six regional accrediting agencies are: MSCHE; NCACS HLS; NEASC; NWCCU; SACS; WASC.

Wilmington University limits academic residency to no more than twenty-five percent of the degree requirements for all degrees for active-duty service members. Academic residency can be completed at any time while active-duty service members are enrolled. Reservists and National Guardsmen on active-duty are covered in the same manner.

Graduate Transfer Credit Policy

Up to six credit hours of graduate study from a fully accredited graduate school may be accepted. Students seeking credit for course work completed at other accredited institutions must submit an official transcript sent directly from the institution to Wilmington University and a catalog course description from that institution. Transferred course work must be relevant to the major area of study. Courses graded below a "B" will not be considered. Transfer students need to have all transcripts from other accredited institutions in the possession of the Admissions Office or home site office at least two months prior to registration. Failure to attend to this can result in duplication of courses previously completed at those institutions. Credit will not be granted for course duplication.