Reading/ESOL Literacy M.Ed. Admission
Please refer to “ The Graduate Admissions Process” section for general graduate admission information.
Admission to the Master of Education in Reading/ESOL Literacy degree program requires the following:
1. Submit a Graduate Application
A $35 non-refundable application fee is required.
2. Submit an official transcript or transcripts verifying completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Admission to this degree program requires a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher for the most recent two years of post-secondary education.
- Electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Send directly from the school of attendance in a sealed envelope to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
31 Read's Way
New Castle, DE 19720-6491
Note: In order to receive financial aid official transcripts must be on file. Candidates for Wilmington University’s graduate programs must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
3. Submit official (and complete) score reports demonstrating mastery of general knowledge, including the ability to read, write, and compute
This requirement can be met by providing an official score report showing scores (including all sub-scores) on the ETS Praxis Series Core Academic Skills for Educators.
Please note that scores on the tests listed above will NOT affect admissions decisions. Aggregated scores are used to meet accreditation and program approval standards.
4. Submit a valid United States teaching certificate
5. International students must provide results from the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) that meet current minimum score requirements*
*NOTE: International students must complete all admission requirements before being accepted to Wilmington University. Please review the admission requirements.
6. Meet with an Admissions Specialist
- For personalized help with the admissions/enrollment process and to Schedule a Program Planning Conference
- Call: 877-967-5464 Text: 302-203-9516 Email: email@example.com
7. Register for MED 6102 (E-Folio) along with other course(s) selected
All documents required for admission should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Master of Education in Reading/ESOL Literacy prepares teachers for certification as both a Reading Specialist and ESL teacher in grades K-12. Please see individual degree program descriptions for the most thorough description of each component of this dual degree.