Adding a Profile (Avatar) picture in Blackboard
Blackboard uses a small picture called an "Avatar" to represent you on your Discussion Board posts, in Wikis, Journals, and Blogs. Adding your face to your posts makes online learning a much more social experience. This tutorial shows you how to add an avatar within Blackboard.
Directions to Add your Avatar in Blackboard
- Go to myWilmU
- Log in using your myWilmU username and password
- Click on My Blackboard
- Click on your name in the top right corner
- Click settings which is down at the bottom of the pane that pops up
- Click on Personal Information
- Click Personalize my Settings
- Click Browse my Computer and locate a photo that you want to use. You may want to select a photo of your face instead of a full body shot since larger images are significantly scaled down.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click submit to save changes.
- Your avatar is now updated and will appear in multiple places throughout Blackboard including the Discussion Boards, Blogs, Journals, and Wikis.