COVID-19 Building Access Guidelines and Procedures
As Wilmington University campuses remain closed and we continue to operate remotely, we understand that there are instances where essential personnel may have to come to campus to access our buildings. Through the guidance from both state and public health authorities, we have established interim coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines and protocols for these unique circumstances.
These guidelines have been implemented to best protect the safety and well-being of the members of the community and may change at any time as conditions and/or circumstances warrant.
Below are key procedures and guidelines.
University Building Access
Essential personnel requesting to have access to University Buildings must:
- Consult with their supervisor to determine if there is an alternative to accessing campus.
- If access is needed, submit a request to access form at least 48 hours in advance, and receive approval.
- Once approval has been received, all essential personnel will be required to:
- Complete and CLEAR an electronic health screening questionnaire the day of arriving to campus.
- Bring the health screening email confirmation showing CLEARANCE and completion the same day as arrival, in print or on a device, and be prepared to produce this confirmation for a Constable.
- Wear a face make or covering upon arrival to campus.
- Complete a temperature screening, which will be conducted at the University Safety Constable desk at each campus. Individual temperatures must be equivalent or less than 100.3°F.
- Review all protective measures and practice them while on campus.
All personnel approved for access must complete an electronic health screening questionnaire prior to arriving on the same day they plan to come to campus. Essential personnel will receive an email confirmation with either a CLEARANCE to access buildings on campus or a STOP notification, requiring them to leave campus. Essential personnel that receive a CLEARANCE notification are required to produce this to the Constable once they arrive to campus, prior to the temperature screening.
All building occupants are expected and required to comply with all protective measures. Below are a few important protective measures.
Wear a Cloth Face Covering
A cloth face covering is required to cover your mouth and nose in any public community setting, especially when social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. WilmU will provide cloth masks for those who do not have them. These are located at the Constable desks or by contacting University Safety at (302) 325-3333 or email@example.com.
- Individuals within indoor facilities must wear an appropriate mask or face covering at all times unless in an individual office where safe social distancing can be practiced.
- Masks are required for outside work when in close proximity (< 6 ft.) to others.
- Individuals should wash their cloth masks or face using machining wash on gentle cycle using warm water setting and mild detergent.
- Individuals are permitted to use their own cloth face masks or face coverings provided they meet CDC guidelines.
Maintain Social Distance
- Keep a safe space from other people. CDC states that at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- Follow visual cues and signage such as floor decals, colored tape, or signs indicating where to stand to increase distance between individuals moving through the facility.
- Do not engage in unnecessary physical contact with others.