Coronavirus Protective Measures
Mask/ Face Coverings
- Masks and face coverings are optional while on campus. While masks are not required, continuing to wear one is a personal decision. We respect anyone who makes that choice.
- Employees should refer to the Employee Handbook for proper masks/face coverings.
WilmU will provide cloth masks upon request. They are located at the constable desks or by contacting University Safety at (302) 325-3333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow visual cues and signage to ensure safe distancing between individuals moving through the facility.
- Furniture and seating areas in University spaces may be adjusted to accommodate safe physical distancing requirements.
- Meetings should be held in whole or part using available collaboration tools (e.g., Zoom, telephone, etc.). Attendees should be given the option to attend online or in person.
Cover Your Mouth When You Cough, Please
Spread happens when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks, and droplets from his or her mouth or nose are launched into the air then land in the mouths or noses of others nearby. Those droplets can be inhaled into the lungs.
Personal Space/Common Areas Cleaning
- Before starting work and before you leave any room in which you have been working, you should wipe down all work areas with EPA-registered 70% alcohol solution. Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- This includes any shared-space location or equipment (e.g., copiers, printers, computers, keyboards, A/V and other electrical equipment, coffee makers, desks and tables, light switches, doorknobs, etc.).
- Employees are encouraged to wipe down all surfaces and equipment after use, including common areas.
- Departments needing cleaning supplies (e.g., hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes) can request supplies from Buildings and Maintenance online or by calling (302) 356-6801.
- Individuals must wash their hands upon arriving at their workplaces, after using the restroom, or after blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing, and as needed throughout the day.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and wash your hands before and after touching your face. See CDC guidelines for handwashing
- Wash your hands thoroughly afterward to reduce the potential transmission of the virus.
- Use a drying towel to open the door and discard it in the waste receptacle near the exit door.
- Limit the number of individuals on elevators to maintain appropriate safe social distancing. Recommend use of stairs whenever possible.
- Individuals should wash your hands or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol upon entering and departing the elevator.
- Before and after eating, you should wash your hands thoroughly to reduce the potential transmission of the virus.
- Individuals should wipe all surfaces, including table, refrigerator handle, coffee machine, etc., before and after using in common areas with EPA-registered 70% alcohol solution.