Using Outlook Web Access for Faculty & Staff Email
- Cross-Browser Compatibility
- Quick Overview
- Inline Composition
- Conversation View
- Printing Email
- Creating Automatic Replies (Out-of-Office)
- Creating Your Signature
- Changing Your Theme
Cross Browser Compatibility
Outlook Web Access works and displays the same in any web browser, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. Learn more about the supported browsers for Outlook Web Access.
By default, creating a new message will open up inline instead of in a new window, which may be different than you're used to. You can change this setting by following these steps:
Emails listed in your inbox are grouped together into conversations based on the subject of the message.
Disabling Conversation View
If you prefer to not to group your messages in conversation view, turning that off is simple. Just follow these two steps:
It’s now easier than ever to print an email with the whole conversation. Simply follow the steps below:
- Select the e-mail you would like to print.
- In the top right corner of the email, click the ellipsis (the three dots). This brings up the more actions menu.
- Click the print button. This will open the email up in a new window.
- On the new window, the print dialog box will automatically appear after a few seconds. Simply click the OK button to print the email chain.
Creating Your Signature
Please update your signature with below template to help ensure a consistent brand style in all email messages.
- Copy the text between the lines below.
Create Automatic Replies (a.k.a. Out-of-Office)
Change Your Theme
You can customize the look and feel of OWA. Follow the steps below to learn how to change the theme blue to something that better fits your personality.