WilmU Book Club
October 2020 | The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Online through Zoom
Please join the WilmU Book Club for an online discussion of Kim Michele Richardson's book, The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek. The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek is a powerful message about how the written word affects people--a story of hope and heartbreak, raw courage and strength splintered with poverty and oppression, and one woman's chances beyond the darkly hollows.
Register here to reserve your spot. Registration not required to attend.
Use the Zoom link above to join the conversation online.
Borrow the ebook or audiobook on Overdrive through your local library! More details here.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Inspired by the true and historical blue-skinned people of Kentucky and the brave and dedicated Kentucky Pack Horse library service, The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek showcases a first in traditionally published literary novels— a bold and unique story about the Kentucky Blue people and Packhorse Librarians — a tale of fierce strength and one woman's belief that books can carry us anywhere — even back home.
"...a hauntingly atmospheric love letter to the first mobile library in Kentucky and the fierce, brave Packhorse librarians who wove their way from shack to shack dispensing literacy, hope, and — just as importantly — a compassionate human connection." —Sara Gruen, author of Water for Elephants
The New York Times and USA Today bestseller!
November 2020: How To Be An Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
December 2020: The Kinship of Secrets by Eugenia Kim
- September 2020: WilmU Book Club | Educated: A Memoir
- August 2020: WilmU Book Club | A Woman Is No Man
- July 2020: WilmU Book Club | Grace Will Lead Us Home
- June 2020: WilmU Book Club | The Turn of the Key
- May 2020: WilmU Book Club | Inheritance: A Memoir of Genealogy, Paternity, and Love
- April 2020: WilmU Book Club | The Library Book
- November 2020: WilmU Book Club | Dopesick
- October 2019: WilmU Book Club | Our Towns
- September 2019: WilmU Book Club | Lit Up
- July 2019: WilmU Book Club | Full Body Burden
- May 2019: WilmU Book Club | Heartland
- April 2019: WilmU Book Club | Mudbound
- March 2019: WilmU Book Club | No Apparent Distress
- February 2019: WilmU Book Club Author Event | Beyond Every Wall
- January 2019: WilmU Book Club | Just Mercy
- April 2018: AuthorTalk with H.K. Rhudd | The Month of June
- October 2017: AuthorTalk with Kate Roshon | Haven
- April 2017: AuthorTalk with Jamie Kleman | The Nevergreen Tree
- February 2013: Author Event with Daniel R. Biddle & Murray Dubin | Tasting Freedom
- Spring 2011: Outcasts United
- November 2009: Vietnam Mailbag
- June 2009: Author Event with Juan Diaz
- April 2009: Maya Angelou
- March 2009: ESPN's Sal Paolantonio
- February 2009: Nikki Giovanni...
Poet, Writer, Commentator, Activist & Educator
- October 2008: Persepolis
The Story of a Childhood
- July 2008: The Tour to End All Tours
- March 2008: The Monsters of Templeton
- January 2008: The Jersey Devil
- Fall 2007: Night
- Summer 2007: Finn
- April 2007: The Saint of Lost Things
- March 2007: Murder In Amsterdam: The Death of Theo Van
Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance