Fall 2018 - Spring 2019
We have created an online Early Alert program through Advise CRM. This will allow you to identify your students for academic alerts in any Undergraduate course. The alerts will send an automatic email to the students and alert the Student Success Center of the issue(s) in the following areas:
- Commendable Effort
- Distracted in Class - NO email sent
- Inactivity in Course
- Frequently Tardy - NO email sent
- Low Grades (C- or lower)
- Missing Assignments
Students who have been identified will receive the following notification(s) pertaining to the alert that was flagged:
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Student Success Center at 302.356.6995 or Hillary Strachan at email@example.com
Notification to Faculty:
As you were informed by your Program Chair or Dean, this term you are asked to participate in Wilmington University's new Early Alert program through CRM Advise. All instructors teaching Undergraduate fall courses are included.
The program is essential to both students' and the University's success. Using Early Alert, you'll not only be identifying students at risk, but enabling the University to pro-actively assist them and you in improving their performance and confidence. You'll also be assisting the University in collecting and analyzing critical student performance data to improve student retention and graduation.
How will this work?
- Beginning this week, instructors who are teaching fall courses will have access to Early Alert in the Faculty Portal.
- Upon logging in via MyWilmU > Faculty Resources > Early Alert, you will have access to complete your alerts. You may submit alerts at any time during the semester.
- Simply click on your undergraduate course(s) listed in the portal, check the student(s) with whom you are alerting for academic reasons or to give them a “kudos,” (multiple students can be checked at the same time for the same flag). Once you click “submit” this will email the student unless otherwise noted next to the flag.
- If you are teaching fall Block II, you will receive a reminder that you are able to flag your students upon start of course.
Am I required to do this?
Your participation in this effort is essential for the success of this program, and ultimately it contributes to the success of your students and the University. We have received feedback that a “no feedback” flag is necessary, please note there is a flag listed as “No Feedback - No Alert - No Email Sent.” This will send you as the faculty member an email thanking you for your participation.
Where can I find out more about this program?
Additional details, including specific instructions and video tutorials, are available on the MyWilmU Faculty Resources page. You can also contact the Student Success Center, located in DAC 219, at (302) 356-6995.
Thank you in advance for your participation in the Early Alert program.
Jim D. Wilson, Ed.D.
Vice President for Academic Affairs