Policy on Computer Use
Wilmington University policy requires that the computer equipment and facilities owned or leased by the University and supplied for student use NOT be used in any of the following manners or for any of the following purposes:
- For any activity that violates Federal, State, or local laws.
- For any activity that threatens the safety,
well being, or integrity or any other person.
- For any activity that results in unauthorized alteration or disclosure of confidential data.
- For any activity that offends, degrades, debases, or threatens another person.
- For any activity contrary to standards of decency (i.e., hate sites).
- Accessing any pornographic or otherwise x-rated sites, materials, photos, or emails.
- For any activity that would damage the good name and reputation of Wilmington University.
- Causing the downloading, bookmarking, or transmission of pornographic materials, photos, or emails to another computer either on or off site, including one in which the student has some proprietary or other possessory interest.