Undergraduate English & Math Placement Test Results and Next Steps
Your Scoring Report
At the end of your ACCUPLACER® testing session, your test scores and placement results appear on the computer screen. Your proctor will print them for you. If you did not receive a printout of your score report, please contact the University Information Center at 302-356-4636.
Your Course Placement
Although you neither pass nor fail the placement tests, your scores are used to determine your course placement. Your first English and/or math course at Wilmington University is printed on your report:
- Students who demonstrate the need for skill development may be placed* in one of the following courses prior to their required freshman English or math course:
- Students who do not need development will be directed to register for the first English and/or math course required by their degree program.
- Any students who feel the need to review basic English or math skills may elect to enroll in either English Review (ENG 095) or Math Review (MAT 095) prior to taking the first Math or English course required by their degree program.
* Placement in an English or math course does not guarantee a reserved seat in a course. Your course placement only indicates which course you should take. Taking the placement test as early as possible before or during term registration is highly recommended.
Your Next Steps
- Register for the math and/or English course listed on your score report using MyWilmU.
- You may register for your required course online or in-person one hour after taking the placement test. (It takes up to one hour for your score to be added to your student record.)
Retaking the ACCUPLACER® placement tests is not permitted.
Transferring Test Scores to Wilmington University
If you have completed the ACCUPLACER® placement tests for another institution, you may not need to retake the tests if your score/results can be verified. Students whose scores from another institution cannot be verified must have an official copy of their scores mailed or faxed to Wilmington University directly from the institution for which they originally took the test.
Have the other institution send the scores directly to:
320 N DuPont Highway
New Castle, DE 19720
Fax: (302) 328-8907
Scores from ACCUPLACER® tests taken for other institutions will be compared to Wilmington University requirements to ensure you are placed in the correct course(s).
Transferring Test Scores to Another Institution
Students may request ACCUPLACER® test scores for Wilmington University be sent to another institution by completing and sending the Authorization to Release ACCUPLACER Test Scores (PDF) form.
Wilmington University has no time limit (expiration) for relevant ACCUPLACER® test scores.