How to Defer My Admissions Application
All applications for admission are valid for the semester for which you apply. If you would like to change the semester in which you intend to begin classes, a deferral request can be submitted within the Admissions portal. Applicants may defer their application up to two terms past the current term, which allows some applicants to defer to an earlier term. There is no additional fee assessed with deferring an application.
**Please note deferral requests for programs with a deadline that has passed will not be accepted.
- Log into your Admissions Portal Account.
My Applicationsfind your application and select
- Scroll to the bottom section labeled Deferral Request
- Select Request to defer your application to another term
- Complete the Deferral Request Information
- Select the New Academic Term when you intend to start.
- Select the reason you wish to change your intended start term.
- Enter any comments or additional information that may be helpful.
- After clicking Submit, you will see a new admission application for the new start term. It may take up to 5 minutes for the deferral status to be reflected on the original application. Please check your personal email for next steps.
- After the 5 minutes processing time, refresh your screen to view your new application
- Please allow 3–5 business days for processing of your new application.
- After 3–5 business days you will receive an email indicating your next steps to complete your admissions process
Have Questions? Let us help!
Our Admissions Specialists can guide you through the application process, admission requirements, funding options and more, so you can build the WilmU education plan that works for you.