Using Your Financial Aid Funds at the Bookstore: Book Vouchers and Title IV Authorization
If you are awarded, and accept financial aid that is in an amount greater than your tuition charges, then you may be eligible for a voucher to charge your textbooks and course related supplies at the university bookstore to your excess financial aid prior to your financial aid disbursement each semester. You may use a bookstore voucher to purchase and rent textbooks as well as school supplies such as pens, pencils, calculators, notebooks, and bags. Your bookstore voucher is NOT authorized to purchase apparel, gifts or food.
To Be Eligible for a Bookstore Voucher:
- You must be awarded financial aid for the semester.
- You must accept your financial aid award.
- You must complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) if your accepted financial aid award includes student loans.
- Your financial aid award amount must be greater than your total tuition and fees, with enough left over for books.
- You must be registered at least half-time (6 credits) in courses pertaining to your degree program in the semester you are purchasing textbooks.
- You must authorize Wilmington University to use your excess financial aid funds toward bookstore charges each year by answering “yes” to the Title IV Authorization question in your Financial Aid Requirements. See "Choosing or Changing Your Option..." below.
Choosing or Changing Your Option for Bookstore Voucher (Title IV Authorization)
If you are eligible for financial aid in excess of tuition and fees, you may use such funds to pay for other educationally-related charges, such as books and supplies. Please be aware that if you do not grant Wilmington University such authorization, you are responsible for paying for all books, supplies, and other charges incurred.
To Authorize a Book Voucher
You must authorize Wilmington University to use your excess financial aid funds toward bookstore charges each year by answering “yes” to the Title IV Authorization question in your Financial Aid Requirements (2017-18 and forward) in myWilmU Self-Service.
To Change Your Authorization
If you answered "NO" to the Title IV Authorization question in myWilmU Self-Service, you may submit a Title IV Authorization Revision Form to authorize a bookstore voucher. You can expect the voucher to become available (if you are eligible) within 2 business days after the form is received by the financial aid office.
Using Your Bookstore Voucher
- Electronic bookstore vouchers become available for use two-weeks before the start of classes each semester.
- Bookstore vouchers are only available and valid for a limited time once issued.
- You will only be issued ONE Bookstore voucher per semester.
- Bookstore vouchers do not renew for the second block of a semester (B2).
- If you are registered for a B1 and a B2 class, you will need to purchase all of your books for the semester at the beginning of the semester while your bookstore voucher is active.
- No vouchers will be issued after a refund for any remaining financial aid funds has been disbursed to you for the semester. It is your responsibility to use your refund for any additional educational expenses after you have received it.
Prior to charging books at the bookstore please read the following:
Your authorization indicates that you read, understand and agree to the conditions detailed below.
Consequence of my withdrawing from all classes during an enrollment period:
A student who receives federal financial aid assistance (Pell Grant, AC Grant, SMART Grant, FSEOG, Work-study, Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Stafford loans, Parent PLUS loan, Graduate PLUS Loan) to pay for his/her college education has the responsibility to attend all classes until the end of the term. For all students who do NOT complete all classes in the term for any reason, federal regulations require that Student Financial Services perform a “Return of Title IV Funds” calculation. Funds that the student was not eligible to retain are referred to as “unearned funds.” The student will be responsible for paying Wilmington University any charges that exceed the amount of financial aid earned and that must be returned to the government and/or lender.
I understand the following:
- This authorization is valid for funds in excess of tuition and fees, based on financial aid eligibility and enrollment status.
- I may rescind this authorization at any time prior to incurring any educationally-related charges.
- I may not cancel this authorization after any such charges have been made.
- My request to rescind/change this authorization must be in writing.