All students completing their degree requirements must complete these procedures, regardless of whether they plan to participate in a graduation ceremony (commencement). You must complete this procedure to have your degree appear on your transcript.
- Ensure you have met all your degree requirements.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding whether you've met all your degree requirements, please contact your academic advisor or program chair.
- Ensure student billing account is current.
Your student billing account must be current (not past due) before we will accept or process your Application for Graduation (next step). You can check your account in myWilmU.
- Submit an Application for Graduation, with the required fee of $100.00 (billed to your student account).
All students must submit the Application for Graduation with fee to have their degree appear on their transcript (degree conferred), even if they do not plan to attend commencement.May 2021 Graduates
To attend the May 2021 commencement, you must submit an Application for Degree by March 22, 2021.
To have your degree conferred as May 2021 (on your transcript), you must submit an Application for Graduation by May 27, 2021.
- Log on to myWilmU.
- On your Student Home page, click My Profile.
- From the Additional Links menu (bottom left), click Application for Graduation.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions.
After you submit your Application for Graduation, Wilmington University will begin the process of verifying completion of all your degree requirements.
- Participate in Commencement.
Commencement is the graduation ceremony, held 2 times per year in January and May (with distinct ceremonies by College or University location each time). Participation in commencement is optional.
- Wilmington University will confer your degree and mail your diploma.
Once we've verified that you have met all requirements for degree completion, we will confer your degree, and it will appear on your academic transcript. Once your degree is conferred, we will mail you your diploma.
- All students' billing account must be current (not past due) prior to submission of the Application for Graduation.
- The Application for Graduation must be initiated by the student in order to graduate and have a degree conferred; graduation and degree conferral are not automatic procedures.
- The conferral fee is required for all students who apply for degree, regardless of whether they attend commencement.
- All students must fulfill all academic and admissions requirements, and financial obligations before the conferral of your degree is placed on your transcript.
- Only students completing their degree requirements by the end of summer and fall semester may attend the January commencement.
- Only students completing their degree requirements by the end of the spring semester can attend the May commencement.
- All undergraduate students must have a minimum 2.00 grade point average to graduate.
- All graduate students must have a minimum 3.00 grade point average to graduate.