About The College of Health Professions Programs
Wilmington University is your gateway to academic and professional success in the health care field! Programs within the College of Health Professions are unique in that we offer ONLY degree completion programs for RNs. Initial preparation to become a Registered Nurse is not offered. We respect your prior learning and therefore have a liberal transfer credit policy. Because we serve working professionals, we offer flexible schedules that enable you to balance the challenges of work, personal, and educational commitments.
Our Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree is for students seeking healthcare roles and/ or a pathway toward graduate education. This Bachelorâ€™s Degree is the Collegeâ€™s ONLY Four-year degree program, preparing students to practice as leaders, educators, or a variety of other clinical roles in healthcare. Students who have an associate degree in an allied health or health science concentration can pursue the Bachelor of Science in Health Science degree completion program.
Our diverse student body reflects our global community. Faculty members foster a community of excellence where students value quality, relevance, and lifelong learning. Students and alumni consistently report satisfaction with learning experiences and their employers report enhanced professional practice. We are proud of our students and alumni who are truly active leaders in their diverse professional nursing and health science roles and volunteer practices.
Our first class of RN to BSN students began their studies in 1986 and graduated in 1988. We have changed a great deal in 30+ years to meet the needs of our students. Today, we offer:
- Face-to-face and hybrid (part face-to-face and part on-line) BSN courses in Delaware (New Castle, Brandywine, Dover, and Georgetown) and New Jersey (Burlington, Cumberland, Gloucester).
- On-line courses started in January of 2009.
- RN to BSN Pathways Program for registered nurses with a bachelorâ€™s degree in another field.
- Undergraduate Certificate Options in the specialized areas of Aging and Wellness, Health Information Technology, Hispanic Culture, Health Promotion: Fitness, Interdisciplinary Care Management, and Palliative Care and End of Life Care.
Post-Baccalaureate Legal Nurse Consultant Certificate for registered nurses who have completed a BSN degree and desire this track of study through distance education.In 1993, we added our first MSN program, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP). Over the past 25+ years, our graduate programs have grown to include:
- Nurse Practitioner: Family NP and Post-Grad Family NP Certificate (active), Adult/Gerontological NP (phasing out).
- Nursing Leadership: Nurse Educator, Nurse Executive, Legal Nurse Consultant, and Public Health. Dual degrees with Business and Nursing Leadership.
- Face-to-face and hybrid MSN Leadership courses are offered in Delaware (Wilson Graduate Center, Brandywine, Dover, and Georgetown) and New Jersey (Cumberland) as well as 100% online
- MSN Nurse Practitioner Programs are offered at the Wilson Graduate Center, Brandywine, and Georgetown sites in Delaware.
- Post-Graduate Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioner Certificate is 100% online
In 2005, we added the Allied Health degree completion program. In response to community needs and healthcare role advancement, we transitioned to the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree program; completion and four-year. Highlights of this program include:
- Courses offered face-to-face, hybrid, and 100% online.
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Experience in an educational work setting related to the studentâ€™s major field of study.
- Opportunity to pursue graduate education to advance in your current career or to change careers.
- Accelerated path to a MSM or MBA in Health Care Administration
In 2013, we launched the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree program, with the first student cohort graduating in May 2015.
- Advanced Practice or Nurse Leadership concentration
- Courses offered 100% online or Weekend Intensive Hybrid at our Brandywine campus
- Accelerated pathway options include: MSN to DNP, combined DNP and MBA in Healthcare Administration, DNP to PhD, and a combined post-masters NP certificate and DNP in two specialties (Family and Psychiatric Mental Health)
The College of Health Professions (COHP) will positively influence the health of populations through provision of innovative curricula and interprofessional practice experiences. Our programs will reflect the needs of our dynamic community of interest and we will anticipate emerging areas of study. Our graduates will be effective leaders, skillful educators, and expert practitioners who will serve as change agents for the future of healthcare.
For further information/ details about our programs/ offerings, please feel free to contact Stephanie Capriotti, Administrative Assistant, College of Health Professions, at email@example.com or 302-356-6915
This information applies to students who enter this degree program during the 2018-2019 Academic Year. If you entered this degree program before the Fall 2018 semester, please refer to the academic catalog for the year you began your degree program.