On March 23, 2018, the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) launched the SEVP Portal for F-1 students participating in post-completion optional practical training (OPT).
The portal allows F-1 students to report personal and employer information directly to SEVP. Through the portal, students are able to:
- Add or edit your phone number.
- Add or edit your mailing and physical address.
- Add or edit your employer information.
Please use hyperlinked Table of Content to navigate the SEVIS User Guide for detailed information on the SEVP Portal.
|Getting Started||Maintaining Information|
|SEVP Portal Overview||Navigate the SEVP Portal|
|Create an SEVP Portal Account||Update User Profile|
|Make and Maintain User Password||Update Employer Information|
Please note after adding or changing your employer, you must send us your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit the Employment Guidelines page for a list of required documents for an employer update.
- If you never received an email to create your SEVP Portal account, please email OPT@wilmu.edu with an updated email address so we can request a new link to create your account. Initial Account Set-up attachment
- After creating your SEVP Portal account you must log in using the main SEVP Portal login page. The first link you received is no longer valid. Sign-in Page attachment
- If you have locked yourself out of your account and you are asked to contact your DSO for password reset, please email OPT@wilmu.edu and we will assist you.
- If your original link to create your account has expired, please email OPT@wilmu.edu for further assistance. Register Link attachment
Please note, you will not receive an email to create your SEVP Portal account until your Post Completion OPT has been approved by USCIS.