Reset Your Password
If you don't remember your password, or are having difficulty logging in with your current password, you can reset your password using one of the following options.
As of May 24, 2022, Wilmington University no longer sends a reset link to the personal email address in your record. Instead, you will verify your identify using two additional contact methods you chose when you set up 2-Step Login.
Important: If you have not completed the 2-Step Login account setup, you will not be able to reset your own password until you call the Help Desk.
Reset Your Own Password—Step-by-Step Instructions
The example below shows phone (text message) and security questions as the verification methods, but you may have chosen different options.
- On the Wilmington University login page, click or tap the link next to "Need to reset your password?" or
Reset Your Password Now
- Enter your myWilmU email address.
- For students, the format is email@example.com.
- For employees, the format is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter the characters in the picture on-screen, or click the audio button to have the characters read aloud, and enter them as you hear them. If you can’t understand the words on screen or spoken aloud, you can refresh for different words.
- Click Next.
If you have not yet set up your 2-Step Login, you will receive an error message indicating that you have not yet set up your university account for self-service password reset. If you see this error, you will need to call the Help Desk for assistance before you can reset your own password.
- For verification step 1, choose one of the verification methods you chose when you setup your account for 2-Step Login. This example uses phone/text; your verification method may be different.
- Complete the first verification following the on-screen instructions.
- This will take you to verification step 2. Choose and complete the second verification following the on-screen instructions. This example uses security questions; your verification method may be different.
- The final step will is to enter a new password. See the password requirements below. Re-enter the new password to confirm, then click Finish.
Your new password must meet the following requirements:
- be at least 12 characters long,
- contain at least one uppercase letter (A through Z),
- contain at least one lowercase letter (a through z),
- contain at least one number (1 through 9),
- contain at least one special character (!*#@&),
- and not have been used before
Call the Help Desk
If you are unable to successfully reset your password using the instructions above, please call the Help Desk.
To ensure the security of your account, we can only provide username and password assistance by phone.